Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Other than the resort @ the ski hill (& their cancellation policy sucks) it's just B & Bs in the area. You might want to check the accommodation link in my sig' & contact some of the places there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the Mountainash INN in Heyden. You have to turn right to get off of hwy 17 towards Searchmount and it's right at the corner. $50.00 a night double beds they have a restaurant and gas station across the street. Traill runs right there if you need a quick fix the first night. Its approx a half hour to Searchmount from there by truck and you can park your truck on Whitman dam rd where the trail begins.

·
Registered
874 Posts
He's going to be away for 10 days, so I think he'd be better off leaving the truck & trailer @ the motel. I'd be leery of leaving a truck parked out in the middle of nowhere for that long. A weekend, no problem.

If you book a night on your return, they probably won't have a problem w/ your rig being parked there. They may ask you to leave the keys so they can move it to plow the lot. (BTDT)

·
Registered
778 Posts
THERE IS A PLACE AT THE END OF WITMAN DAM ROAD, I BELEIVE IT IS CALLED DRIFTWWOD VALLEY LODGE, IT IS ON YOU RIGHT SIDE. YOU CAN LEAVE YOU TRUCKS AND TRAILERS THERE FOR $5 A DAY OR FREE IF YOU RENT A PLACE OF HIM. SUMMER FOR 4 WHEELING AND SLEDDING IN THE WINTER. I HAVE LEFT MY VEHICLE THERE LOTS WITH NO PROBLEMS. IT IS ALSO A BED AND BREAKFAST I THINK, YOU CAN RENT LITTLE COTTAGES OFF HIM. I AM GOING THERE TOMMORROW MORNING AS I AM HEADING TO WAWA FOR THE NIGHT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts