Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this site for a long time and the only thing that ever frustrates me is the search feature. It doesn't allow you to search for tearms that have fewer that 4 letters. There are many terms in sledding that are 2 and 3 letters ex: F7 ZR MXZ RMK REV ZL SRX SXR RXL IQ and so on and so forth. The limit on the search function really limits how you can narrow down your searching ex: 2001 polaris rmk -- the results?

The error returned was:
One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

To get anything close you have to search for a broader term and fish through a mountain of results or search each forum that may have your topic individually.
Otherwise this is a great site with more info than any one person could use in a lifetime..... if you can find it :dunno:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeez rob i didn't know I was pushing sore buttons. I just like to come here when I need info and when there's no snow (like now). Just was wondering why it was set a four characters or more thats all.

·
Registered
645 Posts
:lol: :lol: Too many whiners - too little time. :frech32: :lol2: :lol2: :HCS_rules: :doh: :doh: :crybaby:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before you start bashing newbie maybe you should read the sign at the top of the page this is a NO BASHING ZONE

I guess that I just a little cranky this morning cause I wanna ride and I CAN'T

Oh and rob don't let me ruin your day we are just here to have fun!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
ok then, I'll just turn the search function off again.

Search has caused more headaches around here than I can count. Screw it.[/b]

I know this has come up before but that was a legit question. Why turn the search function off for everyone? Seems like a tad bit of an over reaction?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Is the SEARCH feature on this board an All-or-Nothing option? Is it possible to allow parts of the search feature? I like to go to My Assistant 1st, to check to see if there were any replys to the posts I submitted days before from My Last 10 Posts. Being on dial up sucks, but it was the shortest way to see replys to my questions. Now I'm not sure if I can go back to see what the replys were. I love this board with the search feature, but if it works better without it, so be it I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
search has been giving me fits since the upgrade. I have a log hundreds of slow_queries all from members searching on all forums for something like 'firecat'. I've been turning it off at nights when its busy. I'll put it back on now but if it slows the board down you'll know why.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Before you start bashing newbie maybe you should read the sign at the top of the page this is a NO BASHING ZONE

I guess that I just a little cranky this morning cause I wanna ride and I CAN'T

Oh and rob don't let me ruin your day we are just here to have fun![/b]
why don't you read the top of the page "Posts on this forum are assumed to be serious snowmobile questions..."

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
why don't you read the top of the page "Posts on this forum are assumed to be serious snowmobile questions..."[/b]
Seems like a valid post to me. It just emphasizes the need to have a working search feature don't ya think? In other words, I wouldn't have to ask a question if I could use the search feature & find an answer ahead of time.

I do have one question though. Invision boards are all over the place ... HCS, DooTalk, ArcticChat, etc. Why is it people can use a search string of "2003 REV 600" or "2004 F6" on the other sites, but this one has the 4-character limit? I know a comment was made at one time that it's the Invision software or MySQL, but if that's the case - what about DooTalk and ArcticChat? The search strings I just referred to wouldn't work there either if it was an Invision thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like a valid post to me. It just emphasizes the need to have a working search feature don't ya think? In other words, I wouldn't have to ask a question if I could use the search feature & find an answer ahead of time.

I do have one question though. Invision boards are all over the place ... HCS, DooTalk, ArcticChat, etc. Why is it people can use a search string of "2003 REV 600" or "2004 F6" on the other sites, but this one has the 4-character limit? I know a comment was made at one time that it's the Invision software or MySQL, but if that's the case - what about DooTalk and ArcticChat? The search strings I just referred to wouldn't work there either if it was an Invision thing.[/b]
as far as I know Achat and dootalk are the same way. but since you are dissatisfied, I'll again turn it off.

edit: someone please go to those other sites and try exactly these searches and report back with results

"2003 REV 600"
"2004 F6"

·
Banned
21,471 Posts
Why do you jump the gun so damn fast Rob? Christ it's just an observation. :linemup:

EDIT: I did those searches before I posted. That's why I commented on it. Type it in with the quotes and they work. Here it errors out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why do you jump the gun so damn fast Rob? Christ it's just an observation. :linemup:[/b]
Its not "so fast". I've been listening to this for weeks, and I'm tired of explaining the same thing over and over.

I want people to try exactly those searches on the other sites and report back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go to the main Invision site and also the Invision support sites at:

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php

http://www.ipsbeyond.com/forums/index.php

And search on "2003 REV 600"

They give EXACTLY the same results as here:

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.[/b]
I just did it.

I am SO fucking sick of hearing this bullshit.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.