Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer pulled it apart to find one of the gears with a worn nylon bushing allowing the gear to tilt enough on the shaft not to mesh with the reverse gear. All fixed up and ready for next week.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
you wore out the poor girl backing up a lot eh? lmao

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wore out the poor girl backing up a lot eh? lmao

I'm thinking the "poor girl" should have lasted longer than a season and a half. I've been riding brand new Yamaha's since 1997 and this is the first time I've taken a sled in for warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer found the issue and then some. The reverse issue was due to a worn bushing on the gear not allowing it to mesh properly to go backwards. On top of that the chain adjuster in the CC was trashed leaving a whole whack of metal shavings in the case. In the end they replaced all the drive bearings under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer found the issue and then some. The reverse issue was due to a worn bushing on the gear not allowing it to mesh properly to go backwards. On top of that the chain adjuster in the CC was trashed leaving a whole whack of metal shavings in the case. In the end they replaced all the drive bearings under warranty.

Shit, I guess I already mentioned this LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts