Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to vent because i got back from Pittsburg a little bit ago and while we were up there i noticed that someone vandalized one of the trail signs. Its on the one at the junction of 5, 139, 138 some jerk decided to write with a perminant marker on it!

Just makes me mad because i know the club puts alot of time into taking care of the trails and signs! and i did the best riding ive ever done in the end of december this weekend

Ridge Runners- ROCK ON!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It will never stop. We can only prepare for these types of ungrateful sledders. Electrically charged signs that say, "Don't Touch!!"

·
Registered
86 Posts
The clubs should put some grease,{ I mean alot of grease} on the back of paper signs. When that stupid idiot grabs one of them with their 75.00 gloves, and can't seem to get the grease off, only to have it get allover the machine and seat. I'll bet they will think twice before they do itagain. There is a law that they can be fined up to $1000.00if turned in.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Some people just don't care. Fortunately 99.99% of the riders respect the priviledge to ride there and other club's trails. Sometimes you wonder what people are thinking.....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Some people just don't care. Fortunately 99.99% of the riders respect the priviledge to ride there and other club's trails. Sometimes you wonder what people are thinking.....[/b]
I went out for a rare ride on Sunday on our SOS trails. I was coming around the corner of one of our better trails (Lead Mine rd Wide and twisty and newly groomed) when I see three teens running off into the woods. At first thought, I thought they were walking on the trail, heard a sled coming and jumped off the trail. I was wrong, the very next corner was three foot mound of snow in the middle of the trail! This mound had foot prints all around it and was packed down hard. Was I pissed! I was able to stop with no problem, but if someone hit it coming the other way, they would not have been so lucky. I felt it be more important to repair the hazzard than chase down and KILL three teens so I taped off the corner with my trusty orange survey tape( always in my sled) and knocked down the pile. WTF :veryangry:

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I went out for a rare ride on Sunday on our SOS trails. I was coming around the corner of one of our better trails (Lead Mine rd Wide and twisty and newly groomed) when I see three teens running off into the woods. At first thought, I thought they were walking on the trail, heard a sled coming and jumped off the trail. I was wrong, the very next corner was three foot mound of snow in the middle of the trail! This mound had foot prints all around it and was packed down hard. Was I pissed! I was able to stop with no problem, but if someone hit it coming the other way, they would not have been so lucky. I felt it be more important to repair the hazzard than chase down and KILL three teens so I taped off the corner with my trusty orange survey tape( always in my sled) and knocked down the pile. WTF :veryangry:[/b]
thats horrible..... i few years ago my stepfather and i were riding on the powerlines out or wolfboro on our way to the castle. we rode these trails all the time and knew them well. we came up to a small hill that had a slight turn to the right after you crest the top then entered a sand pit. well apparently the day before someone came into the sand pit and thought it would be a good idea to dig out the other side of that hill, creating a 6-7 foot drop on the ther side right in the middle of the trail. we both went over the hill, i flung foward and landed on my hood. broke my wind shiled and cracked my hood. my stepfather cleared his hood and his ski ran over his arm and broke his wrist. made for a bad day. would have loved to find the idiot that did that.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
was that idiot the owner of the sand / gravel pit? Were you actually on a NHSA trail? who's the culprit? [/b]
at the time my family owned the sand pit and it was and still a trail. after my grandfather died they sold that section but the new owner as allowed the trail to continue through the pit. which i believe isn't used anymore. i haven't been through there in awhile.

·
Registered
423 Posts
unfortunately like ct skidoo2 said, some people just don't care. it sucks ass for those that work hard to keep the trails and signs in order, but hopefully they know that the majority of us appreciate it very much and not dwell on the few loosers out there who can't control things in their own lives- so are screwing with others.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
unfortunately like ct skidoo2 said, some people just don't care. it sucks ass for those that work hard to keep the trails and signs in order, but hopefully they know that the majority of us appreciate it very much and not dwell on the few loosers out there who can't control things in their own lives- so are screwing with others.[/b]

:flag_usa:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts