Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my dealer and had one of my pistons replaced. I have 1200 miles on my F7 and it seemed to be running fine. I went in for the oil adjustment bulletin and asked them to check for scuffing. One side was toasted they said because of the lack of oil. So even if you think your F7 is running fine make sure you or your dealer check them! Are there many others out there that have had to replace theirs?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Mine was also replaced when it went in for the oil up date 1935 miles...never new there was anything wrong...came out with 2 new cylinder's and pistion's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly why everyone should have theirs checked. You didn't know anything was wrong and neither did I. I will bet that there are a lot more people out there that don't know they have this problem. Get them replaced now under warranty guys!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I run a 02 SnoPro and have had lubrication issues as well. The 02 440 has a different oil pump so it may be more the way that engine design works with oil injection. I had scuffing problems and a siezure until I switched to mixing, then I've had no issues. If you take your exhaust valves out you can check out the piston and cylinders without loosing coolant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts