Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM PLANING A TRIP FROM SAULT STE MARIE TO MARQUETTE ON JAN 19-20. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME THE MILES AND DO YOU TRAVEL THROUGH PARADISE? ALSO PLACES TO STAY AND DRINK WOULD BE APPRECIATED. HOW ARE THE TRAIL CONDITIONS?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You can make Marquette in a day from the Sault. I would go thru Paradise and use trail 8 all the way. Not sure of the exact mileage but you're looking at approx. 250 one way give or take. Don't know the Marquette area all that well, but it's a college town, so drinking shouldn't be a problem there.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've been to damn near every bar in Marquette. Depending on what kind of drinking establishment you are looking for I'd recommend Flanagains for an irish pub (Kinda). Shamrocks is a decent place to shoot pool, Remies is pretty good for a "bar" type bar, and I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but there is a bad ass country/western style bar just down the street from remies that serves killer bloody marys. It's the best place in marquette to watch a nascar race on sundays (if you are into that).

·
Registered
572 Posts
We have never left from the Soo , always from Hessel / Cedarville ( where we live ) and go through Rexton then to Newberry. From here Christmas is a nice easy ride, Marquette being a bit harder and the longest day was all the way to Baraga. That was about 330 miles. Wife went with me and she won't do that trip again. Left home about 6:30 a.m. made it to Baraga about 8:00 that evening.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO STAY? NEED A RESTURANT IN THE HOTEL. NEED TO BE ABLE TO RIDE TO THE DOOR. I WAS TOLD HOLIDAY INN? IS THAT PLACE GOOD? ALSO CLOSE TO THE GOOD BARS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts