Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any trail to get from angle pond to the railroad beds?

Just wondering, I live near the pond and I'd love to be able to ride from my house.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Is there any trail to get from angle pond to the railroad beds?

Just wondering, I live near the pond and I'd love to be able to ride from my house.

Thanks![/b]
the only way maybe is find your way to 111 head down 111 twoards salem at the sunoco gas ( i think) hang a right into the woods and go across big island pond, and talk to someone around there. I know there is a trail off the other end of the lake that goes to the beds in derry. I used to do it all the time (7,8 maybe 9 years ago) when I lived down that way.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Use to ride that all the time when there is snow down South. Yes, last post has it. However, be careful on 111. It is illegal to ride since it is a state HWY and you are within 65 or 75 feet of the center line, according to my ticket 8 years ago. Eventhough there are tracks does not mean it is legal. Go to the north end of Big Island, go off lake near the public beach and run the snowbank for 100+ yards to a brown house and the tail runs to the right of their driveway, then come to another road, go right about 50 feet and there is a state forest on the right which comes out right on the Rail trail. Have fun. I have ridden to Winni and Plymouth NH from Salem, NH back in late 90s when we had amazing snow cover. Long ride but worth it mid-week after grooming.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OOOps typo on the direction "then come to another road, go LEFT about 50 feet and there is a state forest on the right which comes out right on the Rail trail. Have fun. I have ridden to Winni and Plymouth NH from Salem, NH back in late 90s when we had amazing snow cover. Long ride but worth it mid-week after grooming"

Need another cup of coffee.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Back in the 70's we would run that trail from Haverhill, MA, to Salem, to Big Island and on to Pawtuckaway. Does Salem still have an active club? They had a nice groomer back in the 70's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts