Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my pipe and can ceramic coated. The can was painted black ceramic. The orginal coating on it was obviously sandblasted and cleaned prior to ceramic coating. When I got it back, I was told there might a little sand it. That's fine.. But I've managed to take out about 3/4 of a cup of sand so far?!?!?!!
I don't think this is the best thing for the exhaust. Isn't the inside of a stock F7 can packed or baffled with material, or is it wide open? I'm afraid that there is a lot more fine sand in there that is being held in. If so, could this cause problems? ie: fire, explosion, fine particles of sand finding there way back in to the cylinder head????

The pipe has a chrome ceramic coating, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet to see if there is a small beach worth of sand in it? I believe the pipe is wide open correct? I should be able to shake out any remaining sand right?

Your thoughts please. I need to know if I need to buy a new can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
sorry not real experienced on this one, other than reading the last post on this. It was mentioned that the ends must be taped off. When can I dont think matter as much,but the pipe, if sand is in there it will get sucked back into your motor. Go slap whoever did that to ya!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Good luck with that....

Who did the sandbasting??? :dunno: So I know where NOT to go. :frech32:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey,

I abrasive blasted my can last year had a shite load of sand in it. I just put it on and ran it and all the sand got blown out.

But you have a pipe full of sand, a little bit different story, don't need any blast media in your cylinders. I would try to get it blown out with a high volume compressor. Not a little garage jobby. Say like a 185 cfm compressor with a 3/4 inch hose. The guy who blasted it may a compressor this size, for sure a rental store will. It may take a bit to get all the sand out of the baffles. Alot of shaking and tapping. Be nice if you had something to vibrate it while blowing the air thru it, to make the sand move as the air passes through. Thats about all I can think of.

Good luck.

Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts