Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie so please be nice to me lol!! I am also not a sled mechanic so please be patient with me. I'm so glad I found all you Arctic Cat F1000 onwers!!! I just currently purchased a 07 sno pro F1000. After reading all of your discoveries of all the problems you guys have been having I'm kinda dissapointed. I could have bought any new sled out there but choose to stick with my Cat. Is there a new reflash out there? I noticed when I let my sled warm up that it really smokes and you go to take off it is all boggy and spits and sputters. It only has 200 miles on it and I know that the dealer put 100:1 mix in the tank. Just kinda wondering if that fouled the plugs. I need to check them. Whats the main differnece between the 07 and 08? So if your exhaust melts your plastic is it under warranty? Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry guys I forgot to add that when I hit the hi beams that my dash goes blank momentarly. It wasnt a huge deal just more anyonning more than anything. I addressed it with the dealer and there is a patch plug-in I guess. I had to take it in and have them put it in. So if anyone else is having this problem I hope it helps.

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
where did you buy the sled?

there have been a couple reflashes, and one was just announced, so look at your ECU and see what it has for a sticker. other 1000 owners will know a bit more about the reflashes than me. the exhaust melting thing was also addressed with a sevice bulletin, and if your plastic melted, they would cover it. if you bought your sled from a dealer, a lot of this stuff SHOULD have been done, but if you bought it private party, they may have been neglected.

as for the changes in 08, there were quite a few! hopefully some 1000 owners will chime in and give you a little more help.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm a newbie so please be nice to me lol!! I am also not a sled mechanic so please be patient with me. I'm so glad I found all you Arctic Cat F1000 onwers!!! I just currently purchased a 07 sno pro F1000. After reading all of your discoveries of all the problems you guys have been having I'm kinda dissapointed. I could have bought any new sled out there but choose to stick with my Cat. Is there a new reflash out there? I noticed when I let my sled warm up that it really smokes and you go to take off it is all boggy and spits and sputters. It only has 200 miles on it and I know that the dealer put 100:1 mix in the tank. Just kinda wondering if that fouled the plugs. I need to check them. Whats the main differnece between the 07 and 08? So if your exhaust melts your plastic is it under warranty? Thanks a lot guys.[/b]
mine was rich also, if you want it to run the way you want it to is get a boondocker, i got one for mine over the summer and well worth the money, then you add fuel or take it away, add some fresh gas and change the plugs , the mixed gas should be gone by now, it should run fine, i changed my plugs for the first time this fall and they were working fine, i never had any plastic melting problems, i love my f 1000, the thing rips, but it took a clutch kit the stock clutching sucks big time, my 15 inch track rubbed the tunnel bad so i put the 14 thack on, also added the y pipe and the bulls eyes, added wheels in the rear suspension, ya i had to do some work to get this sled to run the way i wanted but it was worth it , im allways wrenching ayways, best sled i have owned , the ride is awsome and she will do 115 in no time, i had the 1st reflash done and was not impresed, to rich, im not gonna have the 2nd one done, runs fine plus i have the boondocker, ben.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!! I own a 08 F1000 SNO PRO and have no issues. Runs excellent. I only have a 144 miles on it. Alot of the 07 models had some issues. I know there is a reflash out for 07 F8 and F1000s. My buddy has 07 F8 and we took his ecu to dealer for reflash. What a DIFFERENCE!! Sled runs much crisper now. Your issue with it running rich in the begininng is normal. When you let them sit and idle to warm up they all will smoke and run rich. As soon as you hit the throttle open should clear out and run clean. I would talk to your dealer about getting the reflash done. I think you will see a big improvement. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I'm a newbie so please be nice to me lol!! I am also not a sled mechanic so please be patient with me. I'm so glad I found all you Arctic Cat F1000 onwers!!! I just currently purchased a 07 sno pro F1000. After reading all of your discoveries of all the problems you guys have been having I'm kinda dissapointed. I could have bought any new sled out there but choose to stick with my Cat. Is there a new reflash out there? I noticed when I let my sled warm up that it really smokes and you go to take off it is all boggy and spits and sputters. It only has 200 miles on it and I know that the dealer put 100:1 mix in the tank. Just kinda wondering if that fouled the plugs. I need to check them. Whats the main differnece between the 07 and 08? So if your exhaust melts your plastic is it under warranty? Thanks a lot guys.[/b]
If it melts the side pannel it will be covered. If you bought it off a dealer should have put on the deflector before he sold it. Smoking on warm up is an oil pump thing not a reflash.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been doing alot of reading on this website and a lot of you guys are really informative and it's great for some of us guys that don't know a lot. I really appreciate everyones input. I just hate to have to spend money on something new to make it better!!! In the beginning of the year I was looking at a Nytro but didn't wanna leave arctic cat. I always dance with the one that brought me. Just out of curiousity I looked on the Yah forums to see if they had probs with the Nytros. I didn't really seem to find much. I guess I'm just a little dissapointed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. Yes I have bought it from a dealer. Is the deflector in the plastic or on the muffler? Sorry I'm not tryin 2 be a pain in the butt. Just tryin to be knowledgeable about this sled. Has anyone messed with the oil pump mixtures? What is the average ajustments? I have to take it in this wk for the jumper or patch plug in for the dash. That way I could have them make some simple ajustments. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks everyone. Yes I have bought it from a dealer. Is the deflector in the plastic or on the muffler? Sorry I'm not tryin 2 be a pain in the butt. Just tryin to be knowledgeable about this sled. Has anyone messed with the oil pump mixtures? What is the average ajustments? I have to take it in this wk for the jumper or patch plug in for the dash. That way I could have them make some simple ajustments. Thanks a lot guys.[/b]
the deflector goes on the out side of the side panel asove the exhaust hole,, ben.

·
Premium Member
19,980 Posts
lol ya u should be man, the xp 800 is better, lighter and does not suffer from all cats problems, I don't mind cats new race sled but the xp is the better sled this year[/b]
Sled Ed, do you ever not talk shit or what.
You act like a loser.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
lol ya u should be man, the xp 800 is better, lighter and does not suffer from all cats problems, I don't mind cats new race sled but the xp is the better sled this year[/b]
Go check out Dootalk the new Xp will be BRP's fusion! And if they don't issue a recall on the driveshafts and some one or even a few get killed they will be sued into bankruptcy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Led Head has nothin else to do so he just comes over to the cat section to try and start crap. Just a little boy tryin to talk like a man. :shutup2:

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
xp:
hand warmers dont work
wont go over 100 on gps (and speedo reads 10 mph high)
mountain sleds blowing belts every 50 to 100 miles
gas tanks leak
chain cases leak
guages not working
ball joints falling apart
weak front end bends when hitting washouts or bumps in trail
driveshafts breaking
parts to fix all the above on backorder till mid feb
Pictures of all the above on dootalk, along with many more problems

new nytro
weak front end bending with less than 500 miles, of trail riding, no impacts, tons of pictures on TY

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
forgot to add antifreeze leaks, and blowing engines (xp)

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Go check out Dootalk the new Xp will be BRP's fusion! And if they don't issue a recall on the driveshafts and some one or even a few get killed they will be sued into bankruptcy.[/b]

Gotta wonder how long it's gonna take before someone is either hurt or killed over a broken driveshaft.................just imagine it letting go in the wrong place or at high speed? Ain't gonna be pretty.

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
Gotta wonder how long it's gonna take before someone is either hurt or killed over a broken driveshaft.................just imagine it letting go in the wrong place or at high speed? Ain't gonna be pretty.[/b]

We tore down my buddies xp8x and sure enough it had spider cracks. He had it welded and trued for now until they get a new one in for him. That is a serious accident waiting to happen if at speed.

Jester

1 - 20 of 45 Posts