Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am guessing the firecat has better shocks. Other than the availability of reverse on the sabercat lx, are there any huge differences as far as functionality?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I am guessing the firecat has better shocks. Other than the availability of reverse on the sabercat lx, are there any huge differences as far as functionality?[/b]
Suspension and the fluffy's like electic start, reverse.. other than that they are almost identical..

:popcorn:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Shocks,seat,steering post is a 4 bolt instead of the knurled bar that the risers attach to, handlebars,taller windshield,tunnel supports [F-5 S-5 have more differences] Sabercats and Firecats both can come with electric start and reverse [except 05s I believe]

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The 500 in the Firecat was 105hp Apv with better carbs and the 500 Sabercat LX was 85hp non apv. The steering coloum and h-bars,seat, shocks all around, plus the sabercat came with elec. start, reverse, mirrors, etc. I also beleive the clutching and gearing are slightly different, but the actual clutches are the same. The 600 and 700 engines are identical except the DD never made it to the Sabercat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts