Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my wife's doo and EFI or SDI is a must. Having ridden an F7 snopro, I'm concerned that the S-Cat may not be her style. She is not one to throw herself around to get the sled to turn. I don't want her to get discouraged with riding....it's either the S-Cat or a GSX.
Also considering a leftover ZL 600 EFI ESR SS still in the crate.

ANY INPUT?????? I'm a pre-season orderer and need to make a decision ASAP.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Have a friend with a 2000 zl befi 600, 1500 miles, looking for 4500 cdn. Like new. Can't go wrong.

Norm

·
Registered
42 Posts
flatlander: Read post about changes to Saber for 04, handling should not be a problem. My wife is 120 lbs. soaking wet and 56 years old and she had no problems this year with F 7. Loved ride and handling... g.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I've got to be honest here.. Jane is not convinced about the Sabercat either.. Too bad they didn't have one at Colebrook to ride. She doesn't really like the Firecat handling. I had her convinced about getting a ZL800esr, but now it looks like she wants another Poo.. :wacko:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by SnoStalker@Mar 8 2003, 08:52 PM
Does she want a pro x2 800 by chance because I think those will be the really sweet. No offence I am all green blooded.
no, she is looking at the 700classic :(

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I don't know-a leftover 600 EFI SS is a nice sled, especially for someone who just wants to sit back and ride-If my wife was getting a new sled I'd have to lean towards that sled-you can't really go wrong there.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Last year I bought my girlfriend a new ZL 550. It was her first year riding. It was great for her. This year she is wanting more power after riding my F 7. I will probably put her on a savercat or f cat 600. The ZL 550 only has 80 hp, so I think the 600 will be plenty for her. She weighs about 120 and had no problem with my F 7. I would switch with her every once in a while. It took her a bit to get used to it, but then she was fine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. We'll be going to the West Springfield, MA show so she can see a Sabercat. One positive thing she said is that the narrower tunnel would be very welcome.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My wife has an 02 600 ZL, she prefers my F7, but only since i put on Simmonds skis. You can sit & cruise all day , no rider input needed, unless you want to corner aggressively.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Originally posted by kodiakman76@Mar 8 2003, 11:14 PM
Last year I bought my girlfriend a new ZL 550. It was her first year riding. It was great for her. This year she is wanting more power after riding my F 7. I will probably put her on a savercat or f cat 600. The ZL 550 only has 80 hp, so I think the 600 will be plenty for her. She weighs about 120 and had no problem with my F 7. I would switch with her every once in a while. It took her a bit to get used to it, but then she was fine.
Last year I bought my husband a '98 ZRT 600, first sled he had in about 10 years.
This year after riding my F7 Sabercat, he liked the power,too. So I decided to put him on one just like mine. It took him a little while to get used to it, but after that, he could keep up with me pretty good!!!

If she liked your F7....buy her one!!!!!!lol ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by flatlander+Mar 9 2003, 12:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-zekester
@Mar 9 2003, 07:32 AM
she prefers my F7, but only since i put on Simmonds skis
Is it a snopro? Did the skis make a big difference?[/b]
No it's std. susp., skis made all the difference! Came off an 02 ZR and the f7 didn't handle that great, but i have like 1600 mi. on with skis and i love this sled. Hey Flatlander where are you located, if you're close you could try them. I'm in NH.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by zekester@Mar 10 2003, 07:23 AM
Hey Flatlander where are you located, if you're close you could try them. I'm in NH.
I live in central Connecticut and ride mostly in the NEK of Vermont and Quebec. Thanks for the offer...let me know next time you go riding. Maybe I can hook up with you.

Sorry for the late response to the post...I just got back from a 500 mile trip to Parent, Quebec.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts