Hardcore Sledder banner
161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris '20 INDY 550 Adv 144 / Polaris '23 Switchback 650 XC 144
40 Posts
I believe I have stated multiple times why this interests me. I am shorting Polaris stock, which is going quite well for me. Last I checked, 7% profit before interest and fees so roughly 5% in around two weeks. The shot show that Polaris is will most likely make me enough money to buy another rental property. Unlike most of you fanboys, I actually put my money on this topic and it’s working better than expected. It is risky but I haven’t identified a better opportunity ever. The economy is slipping at best. People do not have the money to buy toys in a bad economy. Polaris is a shit show currently at a corporate level. I’m not saying they will go under but I fell pretty confident that they will not approach the value of $115 a share anytime soon. Probably will dip below 80 when the cost of this recall is announced. It’s only about money for me. Batman needs a Robin to keep innovation happening. Ski Doo, while currently the best (market share), needs a lesser company to at least compete. Polaris has made some competitive products, unfortunately they are just gauges and over sized motors with cheap bearings and other things that matter (think quality wiring).
5% net is a lousy return on the risk of shorting smallish stocks. But I do agree that the whole powersports market is going to have a rough patch for a couple of years. Not sure why you are crowing about shorting Poo vs Doo as since Sept 1 Doo is down 12% and Poo 8% - you shorted the wrong one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
5% net is a lousy return on the risk of shorting smallish stocks. But I do agree that the whole powersports market is going to have a rough patch for a couple of years. Not sure why you are crowing about shorting Poo vs Doo as since Sept 1 Doo is down 12% and Poo 8% - you shorted the wrong one.
Funny my tracker literally has Doo as the compare company…they are down 6%.

I think the important fact that the recall has not been fully defined and therefore no cost is known. That is where the gamble lies. What we see now is only regular market activity. I really like my chances here. I had to do something as real estate is too overvalued currently and investment options are scarce.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HAHA very true. You get it. Someone else does not. Doo is in trouble again already pushing back deliveries and delivering sleds with missing parts.

Power sports are always the first to go when the economy is in the shitter. Sucks but that's how it is. I'll be riding my 23 Matryx this winter instead of complaining about a sled
I don't own.

·
Registered
Polaris '20 INDY 550 Adv 144 / Polaris '23 Switchback 650 XC 144
40 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
HAHA very true. You get it. Someone else does not. Doo is in trouble again already pushing back deliveries and delivering sleds with missing parts.

Power sports are always the first to go when the economy is in the shitter. Sucks but that's how it is. I'll be riding my 23 Matryx this winter instead of complaining about a sled
I don't own.
Actually it's paper

·
Registered
24 Posts

Removing, modifying and reinstalling those modified fuel pump….sounds expensive…👍
Spoke to my dealer today, the Polaris rep was in yesterday and said Polaris has already started the building of parts for the repair. They should start shipping by the end of the month.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today, the Polaris rep was in yesterday and said Polaris has already started the building of parts for the repair. They should start shipping by the end of the month.
They will correct this for the upcoming season. Obviously that's a lot of sleds but its still extremely unlikely to happen. What .03% or something like that.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This could be old news in some way but I saw the video Polaris sent dealers to help understand how this recall stop ride will work.. the fix should be approved by the end of the month so they think. They say the fix should take an 1hr1/2 to do. Three different parts kits based on sled ( assuming yr, model etc) it will consist of removing the fuel pump and adding and or replacement of some parts and reinstalling it as I understood it.... just wondering the next step on getting parts and in dealers hands how long that may take.. the season is coming! Besides that they gave advice on how to Handel the questions or concerns the customer may have through this process. Again this may be old news?

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,304 Posts
On a hunch, I checked out the part numbers for the fuel tanks and pumps and they are different than last years models.

I do not know if they changed this before or after the recall however. I'm sure @1fastpolaris could chime in on that - he is the big brain around here! :cool::cool:
I'm not sure. They did state the sleds on the line will receive the update before leaving Rousseau. Rakrem is correct on the video update for the dealers. I'm unsure of how part allocations will be handled for new vs used machines though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Praying that my unregistered 22 snowcheck which is stuck at dealer because he agreed to keep it and three or four others till sept get some priority. I do trust my dealer that the first batch of whatever parts are required will be installed on the 22s he has. That and he/ Polaris are still waiting for my 20 grand lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 183 Posts