Hardcore Sledder banner
141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Doo makes a fantastic sled, there is no doubt. But don't underestimate the marketing they have done over the years. We have a lot of "downstaters" from NY city, Jersey etc.. in our area. And most of them are on doos being towed behind Platinums, Limiteds, Denalis, Escalades etc. All with the latest klim gear and so on. They have done an amazing job of making them the premier high end sled to have.
Don't hate the player, hate the game as they say lol.

·
Premium Member
23 650 Adventure, 22 850 Assault, 21 XC 650 137
4,304 Posts
Doo makes a fantastic sled, there is no doubt. But don't underestimate the marketing they have done over the years. We have a lot of "downstaters" from NY city, Jersey etc.. in our area. And most of them are on doos being towed behind Platinums, Limiteds, Denalis, Escalades etc. All with the latest klim gear and so on. They have done an amazing job of making them the premier high end sled to have.
Don't hate the player, hate the game as they say lol.
What's wrong with Klim gear?

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Actually, Polaris owns Klim.
Yeah I think Klim is making the tech54 line for Polaris. It is their best gear they've ever had in my opinion. I have a few items and my kids wear it.

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Nothing is wrong with any of it lol. I was just saying, alot of these people buy these things simply because it's the most expensive stuff they can buy.
I was just trying to paint a picture.
I know lol, just messing with you. The shiny new object gets all the attention! Klim is expensive no doubt, but it is top notch stuff. Most all the materials used now by the different manufacturers is so much better than years past. Sorry off topic here.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Couple of questions

If you have a non ES, pull start sled does that change anything ? (no battery)

Will 2023 sleds that are due in be sitting and not released to new owners until this issue is resolved ?

Had Polaris delivered any new snochecked sleds yet ?

Thanks
NO SALE!, is all explained in post#1. Some MY23 SnowChecked sleds were delivered before the S-22-09 was issued.

On electric start sleds, the battery powers the starter solenoid, the starter, and the 7SDD gauge. Everything else is powered by the engine turning over, and the stator delivering power to the Power Boosting Regulator, which distributes it to different circuits.

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850
1,692 Posts
They will not be releasing new sleds (2023) until the situation has been fixed. Far too many liability issues to consider otherwise. All the other manufacturers are already delivering sleds. There is a current post about market share, I would expect Doo to increase their already sizable lead. Depending on exactly how poorly Polaris handles this will effect next years sales.
Doo is having problems building and shipping sleds. Parts shortages resulting in delays into January and beyond. Local dealer back in August said they have had some customers bail on Spring orders.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
They will not be releasing new sleds (2023) until the situation has been fixed. Far too many liability issues to consider otherwise. All the other manufacturers are already delivering sleds. There is a current post about market share, I would expect Doo to increase their already sizable lead. Depending on exactly how poorly Polaris handles this will effect next years sales.
Ski Doo makes sleds so damn ugly everyone wants them…or at least 60%+ of the market.

They are all ugly these days but man did they all look good in the 70s View attachment 2135978
Still running your pie hole about something that doesnt effect you I see. What are we at now 50 of your 60 posts about the recall??
Just give it up Guy nobody is impressed, you sound like a scorned Women crying out for attention.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Still running your pie hole about something that doesnt effect you I see. What are we at now 50 of your 60 posts about the recall??
Just give it up Guy nobody is impressed, you sound like a scorned Women crying out for attention.
I believe I have stated multiple times why this interests me. I am shorting Polaris stock, which is going quite well for me. Last I checked, 7% profit before interest and fees so roughly 5% in around two weeks. The shot show that Polaris is will most likely make me enough money to buy another rental property. Unlike most of you fanboys, I actually put my money on this topic and it’s working better than expected. It is risky but I haven’t identified a better opportunity ever. The economy is slipping at best. People do not have the money to buy toys in a bad economy. Polaris is a shit show currently at a corporate level. I’m not saying they will go under but I fell pretty confident that they will not approach the value of $115 a share anytime soon. Probably will dip below 80 when the cost of this recall is announced. It’s only about money for me. Batman needs a Robin to keep innovation happening. Ski Doo, while currently the best (market share), needs a lesser company to at least compete. Polaris has made some competitive products, unfortunately they are just gauges and over sized motors with cheap bearings and other things that matter (think quality wiring).

141 - 160 of 183 Posts