Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the RX1 is having some motor problems too! Look at amsnow! A few are loseing power and useing lots of oil!! Some guys the best top end they are seeing on GPS is like 102-104!!!
Skydog P.S. Not a bash just say they all have problems!!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(Quote) I HAVE 1500 MILES ON MY RX1 AND HAVE TRIED HC SETUP AND VARIOUS SET UPS OF STOCK COMBO,W/STOCK GEARING,NOW TODAY IN MILLINOCKET,W/ A FRIEND WHO HAS SAME SLED I HAVE,I COULD ONLY GET 114 MPH SPEEDO AND AT THAT SPEED W/GPS 104 MPH,AND THE BEST HE HAS GOT ON HIS IS 117 SPEEDO W/ HIM ON BOARD AND 101 GPS,NOW MINE IS BURNING OIL,AND DEALER IS LOOKING INTO THIS,ILL LET YA KNOW MORE LATER

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ya i went and checked out the doo site just to see what problems they had ? and yes they have them to ! one guys drive shaft broke ! said he went over the windshield and then the sled ran him over :eek: broke both his legs!! someone said a weld let loose! now if i did have a rev and and saw that post :wacko: so they do all have a few bugs but that one has to top them all thank god i got a firecat :D i can deal with smart valves and stuff like that but broken bones ? NOT!!!!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hey guys u know that on this site we do not bash other brands just because we ride cats doesnt mean the other brands arnt good We know there good Good for nothings oops sorry

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I love my F7 and my 800 Summit. I think all brands do make a good product and do not cut them down because I have owned every one except a Polaris (well my son has a xc120). I do have to be honest here and say comparing the quantity of problems other sleds are have to the large number of problems on the F7 is ridiculous. I spend my fair share of time on the snowmobiling websites (Snowest, Amsnow and Firecat.info) and I can honestly say in all fairness no other sled this year is having 1/10th of the problems or bullitens the F7 is having. I also can say I have never had a brand new sled that I am so worried about taking on a trip. Look what happened to Byoffcr and others! I don't think I could be that forgiving if my sled did that to me.

I realize we all get very brand and sled loyal but it is time for us to start putting some pressure on Cat. How many of you come on here not only to find great tuning tips but to see what else is going wrong the the F7's? I know I sure do because I want to get anything taken care of before taking this sled anywhere. It's very sad to have to do that. Remember, I'm not bashing the F7, I think it is one of the finest performing, handling, and riding snowmobiles I've ever been on. I just think its time for more people to admit that the F7 was not ready for production. I am the co-owner and head of new prodcut development of a company that manufactures vehicles for the golf and turf maintenance industry and I would be ashamed to release a product with this many problems. I know a lot of riders have had great luck with the F7 and will want to post a reply to this but before you do take a good, hard, honest look at the problems others have had. My F7 has already had 6 Bullitens/recalls and its only January!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yes there were some recall's..but i dont know what is so seroius that u have to worry about taking ur machine out on a trip??I have 1450 miles on and had ZERO proplem's...1200 of them before any recall's were done!!!Alot of these post are about machines frezing up or had bad fuel..not machine's fault!!The bolt recall put lock tight on them no worry's...the tach if ur's is working right why fix it??the smart valve if it stick's haul it out of the tank take it off the line and then put it back on...what3 minutes to fix??if u are that scared to drive it get rid of it i am sure there are alot of people who are looking for one!!Maybe go trade it on the new 500 ski-doo.....they are blowing up left and right the dealer's wont even take them on trade!!!!They all have some proplem's but not enough for u to be scared to drive it...that dont even make sence!! :angry:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Calls, letters or emails to Cat. I myself am writing one today. Don't get me wrong, it's great that Cat is at least fixing some of these problems with recalls but what will happen next year if things keep showing up. I think Cat should consider offering a second year warranty for free or at a discounted price. What is going to happen to these sleds next year when the warranty runs out and Cat has issues with other sleds to deal with?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
rev them up:

Read my message carefully. I never said I was scared to drive it, I said I was "worried to take it on a trip." I really don't care to drive 6+ hours and have little problems that never should happen keep me from riding. I don't think that too much to ask out of a $7800+ product. Also give me a break about iceing and poor fuel, how come no one posting about this mentions other sleds (including Cats) in their groups having problems with the same fuel? Seems to me more an F7 problem then poor fuel or water in the fuel.

You haven't had problems and probably are in the majority but we still need to be honest about the reliability of this sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it's the EFI and required smart valves that are more sensitive to moisture issues. This week it turned very cold and there are lots of "fuel" problems....

Guys, PLEASE use iso on cold days... :blink: :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im getting sick of these cry babbies. My F7 is great no problems have 500 miles on it. I think that these jokers are upset because they recived a can of whoop ass from an F-7 both on the trail and through the quarter mile. The sled is great, and I for one am glad that cat unlike the other companies tries to head off problems before they occur. My 2cents is ride it you'll love it and you'll have some great fun too, these but heads spend their time crying rather than enjoying life I pitty their families if they still have one.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Gary,

Chill with the family stuff. You only have 500 miles on yours. That's a day and a half of riding (not much). Some of these guys are just letting us no about potential problems, it could be worth hearing.

If you love your sled so much why not put some miles on it instead of bashing someone's family. If you got it ride it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Gary: I don't recall not keeping this thread constructive. If your going to bash please learn how to spell first.

Babies not Babbies
Pity not Pitty
Butt head not But Head

How does that old saying go. "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and thought to be stupid then to open it and remove all doubt!"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey guys, you complain about my spelling too your to anal for me sit down with yourself and reflect. P.S. next time I talk to you I'll have my secreatry type it she spells well and you'll have one less thinh to bitch about.

THINK

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wow Gary. This is too easy with you. I'm sure you got a SECRETARY. Maybe you should have your jr. high teacher look it over first. Shouldn't you be in class right now or maybe I should say shouldn't you get some class?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rob: Good point on fuel problems with Cat EFI. Use at least a half a bottle of Isoheet per tank and you will never have any fuel related problems with your Cat or any other brand of sled. EFI's are more sensitive to moisture problems and people who buy them should realize this at time of purchase and fuel them correctly. 850 miles using Isoheet and no problems. g.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts