Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here order a Warrior? After much hesitation(I've been planning on ordering a F7 all year) I went with a black warrior. I have a yamaha now, so I look forward to another quality sled. Hopefully I made the right choice!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i jsut ordered the arctic cat, i can see how someone would stay with a yamaha, that warrior looks sweeet, but have you rode an rx1??? there not the normal yamaha....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main reason I chose a warrior is because I just bought a house and won't be able to buy another new sled for a long time. Logic would say an F7 is not going to be worth anything in 5 years with more than 5000miles. No matter how good they are. I know RX-1 resale prices have suffered along with cats but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Warrior with 10,000 miles. Any cat with those kind of miles I wouldn't go near. Not that I don't want one! :p

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
:huh: I have '99 A/C ZR500 with 5,300 miles on it and has D&D racing components. It has given me plenty of happy and hard riding times even though I baby it after finishing my ride. It really depends on the owner who's responsible to keep the sled in a Top Notch. Guess what ? Dealer gave me 3 grand on a trade-in for a new 2004 'Nightfire' F7 EFI Standard. You think Yammi's hold up resale value better than A/C. I don't dare to think so. Anybody's gotta shop around and find the sweet dealer who wants to do business with ya. I did without hesistation. Dealer was amazed and awed on the shape and condition of my sled. B)

·
Registered
166 Posts
ghj- I definately see your reasoning.

The Warrior is an awesome sled and with the new improvements to ride and handling it should go very well. I also have decided to try a Warrior, after much debate I decided I no longer wish to play and repair, but want to ride trouble free.

I spent a fair amount of time on a RX1 this past season and just loved the sled after the updates were done. It feel much lighter when riding it and the motor is a work of art.

The resale is going to be as good as any other sled out there, and with Yamahas quality it will look like new in 5 years. And I agree, I would not go near any 2 stroke with 10K on it, Cat especially.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Originally posted by ghj@Mar 30 2003, 05:01 PM
The main reason I chose a warrior is because I just bought a house and won't be able to buy another new sled for a long time. Logic would say an F7 is not going to be worth anything in 5 years with more than 5000miles. No matter how good they are. I know RX-1 resale prices have suffered along with cats but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Warrior with 10,000 miles. Any cat with those kind of miles I wouldn't go near. Not that I don't want one! :p
I think you made a good choice. I also think Cat loyalists would purchace a cat with any amount of miles on it. Cat people are the very definition of "loyal". ^_^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cat owners are absolutly the most loyal! And I mean that in a good way. I had a 1995 EXT 580 EFI as my first sled so when I say I like cat I mean it. Another thing I've noticed is that out of all the Yamaha riders I see and meet I am by far the youngest(22yrs). Weird. I'm sure the first time I get my doors blown off by a F7 I will be cursing to myself. Until I get 10000 miles on mine and the engine is just breaking in! :eek: :p :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
8415 :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
That warrior is going to be a great sled.And even being a Cat guy I ride with many and i mean many Yamaha boys and the durability of those Yammy's are awesome.Personally i would say the retail on that warrior will be twenty times better then the f7 in 5 years.. Good Choice!! One day I will have a Warrior right next to my f10 in 3 years.Thats right F10 the name EVILCAT!!! :eek: :eek: :ph34r: :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
:lol: I guess it comes down to wether you want a TUG BOAT or a Race Sled!!
I'll stick with my race sled, POOR resale or not!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had your money to have an attitude like that! :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No snowmobile gets good resale, it's a stupid topic. But I guess that's all you Yamaha guys have......

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that a shot at Yamaha in sleds in general or just their lack of suspension? B)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Originally posted by ghj@Jun 18 2003, 07:57 PM
Is that a shot at Yamaha in sleds in general or just their lack of suspension? B)
You pick.

I'm just kidding guys, I posted here to get some action on this Yamaha area that's all. All four manufacturers make good sleds, even Polaris. :lol:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by ghj@Mar 30 2003, 04:01 PM
Good luck with the Yamaha, but I think you are fooling yourself a bit about the resale value of any 10000 mile sled...any brand. A 2 stroke motor rebuilds cheaply, it's the rest of the machine that gets costly to maintain on the high milage sleds. Now, if your logic was that you think you will have fewer problems between now and 10000 miles on the warrior...I could buy that. Marc

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually my thought was that between the two sleds I wanted (F7 Sno Pro in red with the Tiger graphics or a Black Warrior) , at 10,000 miles the Warrior would be easier to sell. I'm sure a F7 could run that long, but it would cost more to get there. Top ends are cheap, but at 10000 miles on a ring ding would probally require some bottom end attention as well. Anyways, I'm not sure I made the right choice yet. Wait till the snow comes! You know what would be cool though, maybe I could convince the old lady she needs a F5 instead of my old sx600................. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts