Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot a photo of some guys in the UP hauling a dead Rx-1 Ton being towed down the trail strapped to a log! Anybody want to post it for Me?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by CatMan2@Jan 7 2003, 08:45 AM
I shot a photo of some guys in the UP hauling a dead Rx-1 Ton being towed  down the trail strapped to a log! Anybody want to post it for Me?
Sure, send it to [email protected]

He just sent it to me, here's the picture (shrunk down to 800x600)

And the picture zoomed in a bit.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent it to You Distort. Let Me know if You didn't get it. Why was it on a log??????? I don't know ! Why would You buy this thing in the first place??? 400+ miles last week and I never saw a F-Cat in this position!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea, I've seen that done before! They are doing that because the track is locked. Probably an axle failure. Yamahas use silly putty for axle shaft material (right Denny??) :lol: :D :lol:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Distort. I know it seems mean to take a photo of a guy when he is down but I have taken a lot of shit from these guys with the RX-1 tons about F-cats burning down!! I think the log may be in the brochure next year as an option!!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I know I had some fun taking a picture of my buddy getting his Thundercat towed in last year. It was not as much fun when
I was on the other end of the lens the next day when mine quit. I caught a lot of grief on that one! Needless to say, it can
happen to anyone. <_<

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess misery loves company, since the F7's have been going down at a high rate I guess you like to see others join in. When a Cat dies it is leading edge and growing pains but when other sleds die it poor engineering and funning. You guys talk about leading edge technology of the F7 but Yamaha has give the sport a true performance 4stroker. I guess we will have to wait to see if cat will or can produce. I look at a cat but to be honest the dealer in my area suck and always bashed other sled and the quality and fit finish is poor.
And Finally I had many friends who owned the 1999 ZRT 800 now that was a quality release of a sled …..a year after with major mods done. Flame on …..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I WOULDN'T SAY THERE IS A HIGH RATE OF F7'S GOING DOWN ....CONSIDERING THE NUMBERS OF F7'S RUNNING THE TRAILS THE FAILURE RATE HAS BEEN RELATIVELY LOW...NOW LITTLE FIT AND FINISH ITEMS...THAT IS A PROBLEM...BUT TOTAL MECHANICAL FAILURES HAVE BEEN PRETTY LOW CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT OF FIRECATS THAT ARE POUNDING THE TRAILS B)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Does the side of the belly pan on an RX-1 open up? Because, if you look at the picture the right side of the belly pan is not there. Either it has been removed or something in the drive line let loose and took it out.
:huh:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When We first came up on these guys it looked like they were trying to pull it with 2 SRX's. We went on up the trail a couple of more hills before We stopped. We were horsing around and taking some picts. when We heard them coming over the next hill I watched them come over the hill with nobody on the RX-1 ton and it went off the trail when coming down the back side of the hill into the woods. When we saw them loading it later one of the guys was carrying the side panel.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i dont enjoy seeing other sleds broken done on the trail it sucks.think how you would feel if you were on the broken sled .you wouldnt be to happy.everyone bashes other brands for fun.we know they are all good each in their own way.whenever i see someone stopped on the trail we stop and see if everything is ok.proper snowmobile edicate.i was towed in once when i blew a clutch :angry: but was surprised of how many sledders stoped and offered help. i know rambling on and what has this have to do with this post :rolleyes: lets enjoy our rides and ride safe :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts