Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran into a local guy that was racing a RX-1 in the Iron Dog. With Yamaha factory backing him he received two machines for testing. They performed so bad that they returned all the machines and went to skidoo.
It turns out that the mounts for the rear suspension would just fold and cave in. They racked up over three sets of rear suspension arms, all bend. The front spindles are very weak for the weight of the machine and they bent. The front suspension arms bend!
I have been riding with these guys and they are good riders. So its not poor riding. If you catch my drift.

Is there a "1 ton" class of snowmobiles...well there is now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mind telling us who this nameless yamaha factory backed racer is? I guess I could step up and say my uncles grandfathers nephews half brother bought a firecat that had a burnt up motor and a broken spindle and air bubbles in the cooling system, should there now be a category for worthless firecats? I guess so. Put your money where your mouth is if you are gonna make these kind of comments, we dont have the time to waste listening to unsubstantiated drivel.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Easy boys .......Thats an interesting post on the RX1 and I belive it... The problem I have is you cant take a 600+ pound TRAIL machine and expect it to run with the faster and lighter two strokes.........I wonder what Yamaha was thinking??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I see that the truth hurts sometimes. Well if I gave you the name of the race than if you did your homework and looked up the irondog and then looked up the racer info you could go from there. The racers that are listed, also tell you what they are racing. Im not out to bad month any brand.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yamaha does not just give free machines to iron dog racers. Their machines must be purchased . Yamaha will then in turn offer incentives based on how well the team does in the event. Nice try tho. If you don,t know anything on how these events worked your story might have some merit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey snowraser,

Why don't you take your Yamalaris attitude and go to Max Sleds or something. We don't need you kicking around posting comments like that. I don't think that the comment on the RX1 was that far fetched, not to deserve the assinine comment you put in.

Its guys like you who cause trouble on these forums and us Firecat owners have no time for your BS.

talk to ya

Bryan :D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I started a fire...
Vanmeter was offered from Yamaha in the original agreement that they would receive three machines each and have full factory backing in the racing. Then Yamaha dumped there race program almost completely and the promises were not being met. In all the machines were just too heavy.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Has to be Mark Carr and Dusty VanMeter. They are the only two legitimate racers attempting to do something for Yamaha's new RX-1.

Feel bad for these guys, if this is true. Both great guys. Mark ran Ski-Doos last year, and has won it a three times on Arctic Cat. Dusty has won it on Arctic Cat, too. Both with different partners.

Hmm., both of their old partners, Todd Palin and Scott Davis paired this year and are running..

Firecat F7's.

Stay tuned. I am at the halfway checkpoint for the Iron Dog. I'll keep you guys informed of just what I see from this end.

Frostbit

·
Registered
831 Posts
sounds like brainstorm hit a nerve, are there sad yammy riders out there monitoring this site and drooling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Talk about striking a nerve.... I have watched this site as well as all those that you guys do, and will continue to.

In the end it pays, and its my money I am spending.

How many RX1's have you read about that burnt down or have had problems that have shut them down? No where near the amount of Firecat problems posted here on your own site.

I will have the respect for you and your equipment to apologize to Brain, as he fessed up and passed on what he knew.

My point is that all of us want a fair shake, I woulda spent my $$ on a firecat if that was what I wanted, I didnt, so I spent it on my RX1, that just finished 750 miles over 10 days of flawless performance in Hearst Ontario, that is the kind of info we share on our site, try to find negative posts about other sleds at the RX site, they are few and far between, and that was the point I wanted to make.

Thanks for the support Turk, seems I am not the only skeptical person here.

And I guess the new thundercat with us this week in Hearst that burned up for the second time, with less than 14 miles on it means there are no other AC's with problems, eh Dave Cat. I know as many happy Viper owners as you probably know that are happy Firecat owners. Every sled and maker has thier problems, and unless you are on a site like snowmobilenews.com and feel your place in life is to post slams and trashtalk all day, we are all here to learn something.

Good luck to everyone at the Irondog, and ride safe.

Snowraser

·
Registered
899 Posts
in a post on www.snowmobilingnews.com the rx-1 racer acknowledges the suspension problem and has actually put an arctic cat suspension in the rx 1 in an attempt to make it competitive for cc racing now he is having probs with the brakes his post seemed straight forward but u never know who is posting what on some of these forums B)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have never seen people get so viscious about the one thing we all have in common.We all love to ride, If your out on your sled and you see some one who might have a problem do you stop and see if you can help?. Or just keep going and not bother.Or will you only stop if they ride your brand of sled?My buddy has new F7, this sled is awesome, I bleed blue SRX 700 &SX 700.knock on wood both machines have been bullet proof.this RX-1 thing the way I look at the RX1 is a different class it is a four stroke why dont people compare it to the others(V1000,fronteir,cat660)? IN my opinion the RX1 is a superiour sled compared to the others.Just because the machine is around 145 horses,yamaha is calling it there rocket. AT 620lbs. compared to 480lbs.artic cat F7 at 140 horses. the power to weight is no comparson. yet it seems to me that everyone is comparing these two sleds.that should say something about the RX-1!!!.Belive me i am not trying to knock you guys but try to look at it this. WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
What is he doing on this site anyway? Maybe he's just pissed off because it's a known fact that Firecat's are smoking the RX-1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Four stroke or not this is the machine you brag about and you guys come on this site and stir it up. You get what you deserve

·
Registered
111 Posts
just so you know my buddys F7 well get me by 3-4 sleds out of hole shot.about 400 feet i am coming on him hard ,dont really have enought field to really open them up.my freind had 95 ZRT 800 on ice my 97 SX 700 would take it.his firecat has 170 studs my SRX700 none both machines are stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts