Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about switching from a polaris rmk 600 to an rx-1 simply for what I have been hearing about the milage. What are others getting? Can I REALY double my current mpg? Thats all it would take for me to switch.

·
Registered
359 Posts
On one trip last year....my speedo read 140 miles and when I filled it up...I took 34 litres....the tank holds 38.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Most people with RXs are getting 14-16 mpg.
I dont think you would double the fuel milage over your Polaris 600 but when you figure in what you would save in oil cost it adds up.
Cap'n

·
Registered
668 Posts
05 RX-1 MPG is awesome. I was getting a strong 10-11 mpg on my XCR 800, and my brother would put half the fuel in his at the pump. And he weighs 270 too.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I got around 15 with mine, with the ECP air kit and clutch work. I consistently used less fuel than all the sleds I rode with, except the Vector, which is even better. No injector oil is a great bonus.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Originally posted by RLH@Sep 5 2005, 07:27 PM
Thinking about switching from a polaris rmk 600 to an rx-1 simply for what I have been hearing about the milage. What are others getting? Can I REALY double my current mpg? Thats all it would take for me to switch.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=861870
[/quote]
you could also go with a skidoo sdi . i rode a few weekends last winter with 3 rx1's and i got better mpg than 2 of them and the same as the 3rd on my machz 1000 :banana:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The SDI's that match fuel mileage are 600's. If you're going with a 600 then the Vector would be better for gas mileage. The 800's which the RX is closest to would be worse gas mileage. Plus oil usage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts