Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a cabin in lewis county with out much luck. I have found one up near Russell area. No idea about that area for riding and trail system.Any help would be appreciated .THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you use the NYSSA Snowmobile Map website, you can plug in the address of a property you're looking at and the trails around it will show up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COVID

Thanks for the help on the Russell area.Any you guys ride that area ?HOW YOU GUYS HOLDING UP .I Live in the Pittsburgh area and getting worse down here. Hearing Nightmears down here about New York City. Be SAFE GUYS

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've never ridden that far north, so I'm not sure about the riding up there.

Not sure if you're into hunting or not. A guy I used to work with is in a hunting camp/group in that area. They get deer every year and have taken a few black bear as well.

NYH1.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The area generally does not get lake effect snow like Lewis County.

About 45 years ago I went to school in Canton and I recall much less snow than in the Adirondacks.

That was a long time ago but now when I look at snow coverage there is almost always less in northern St. Lawrence county than Lewis County or the Adironacks.

According to the map there are not a lot of trails in Russell and north. It could be there are local trails, I don't know.

But you are close to the Cranberry Lake area trails which generally have pretty good coverage, and connect to lots of trails to the east and south. The Cranberry Lake Mountaineers, Childwold Sno-Packers, Long Pond Sno Sled Club, etc. do a great job on the trails.

Cranberry and the other northern Adirondack trails also do not get nearly the traffic of Tug Hill or Old Forge or even Speculator because the drive to get there is so much longer.

Also, I suspect the price of property is much lower than premium snowmobile camps on Tug Hill. Might be a nice location if you want a low-key atmosphere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts