Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just going to start to do pre season break in on the 600ho, anyone know what the max temp is before DET comes into play...............want to stay clear of DET............read in one of the mags a few years back to start your engine & heat it up on a stand, then let it cool so as to cold to touch,repeat this process 5 times,supposedly helps everything seat in better............anyone else with any views?

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,581 Posts
Originally posted by prose@Sep 12 2005, 10:28 AM
Just going to start to do pre season break in on the 600ho, anyone know what the max temp is before DET comes into play...............want to stay clear of DET............read in one of the mags a few years back to start your engine & heat it up on a stand, then let it cool so as to cold to touch,repeat this process 5 times,supposedly helps everything seat in better............anyone else with any views?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=870787
[/quote]
Your 600 HO does not have a DET indicator light, so it may be difficult to tell if the detonation management system is retarding ignition.

However you should make sure that you have bled air out of the coolant system. Use your gauge to watch it, I would try to keep engine temperature below 150F, if you are running water on the rear exchanger, this should be easy to do. It will also help manage the friction between the track drive wheels, idlers, hyfax and track.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,581 Posts
Originally posted by thedragon@Sep 13 2005, 09:04 PM
i beg to differ.the 2006 ho600 does have a det light,its red and it blinks i do believe
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=873803
[/quote]
My training has informed me that page 33 in the owners manual is incorrect. and my previous post is correct. We will see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts