Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil light comes on at about 110 miles from full. I know that the firecat oil lights come on soon but mine seems to use alot of oil. My brothers ZR9 uses half the oil that i do. I think it is probably better to run a little rich rather than a little lean but? What do you guys think? Does any body else use alot of oil?

·
Registered
284 Posts
They usually run SUPER rich from factory. Mine was at 25:1 from the dealer. You have to calculate your gas/oil ratio and adjust the oil pump accordingly. Now mine sits at a healthy 50:1.

Robby A

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They usually run SUPER rich from factory. Mine was at 25:1 from the dealer. You have to calculate your gas/oil ratio and adjust the oil pump accordingly. Now mine sits at a healthy 50:1.

Robby A[/b]
Shold I see a few mph if I lean it out a bit?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine seemed to have a little more grunt going from 25:1 to 50:1 but I didn't notice and top speed difference. It's mostly the money thing, the whore was using as much oil as it was gas. Up here in Canada a jug of APV goes for about $60. I'm gonna switch over to Torco or Amsoil and save even more so I can buy some billet shit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts