Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the left running board to heat up before the right side durning start up @ idle ?
It takes several minutes to even get a faint warming of the left side running board and much longer with the right side running board - the cylinder heads are not hot infact pretty cool.
The instruction for the burping proceedure always talks about the right side running board.
Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
The motor has a bypass system the thermostat will not open until the temp is high enough. Then the coolant runs through the left side running board through the rear heat exchanger and then through the right side running board back to the engine.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
same with mine..................

·
Registered
69 Posts
Same here - even after a fairly long ride, the right side is just a tad warm to the touch. Not what I expected.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
It seems to me the right side should be cooler for the fact that the coolant has gone through the rear heat exchanger and is re-entering the engine cool as it should be. Am I correct in assuming this?

·
Registered
580 Posts
yes, this is all correct, remember this is a reversed cooling system. the left side will heat up first go through the rear heat exchanger then to the right side, This is after the thermostat opens up of course. This is why cat wants you to tip it on its left side after the thermostat opens to get any air out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts