Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lately heard what the pre-release at the end of this month will be?

S

·
0 Posts
Susuki GSX-R 1000cc Motor is rumored to be going into a Firecat "type" chasis. is rumored by snowgoer Canada, they say it was confirmed.

·
Registered
978 Posts
haha i can't see that motor in a firecat chassis without a bulge in the hood or the bellapan, they should do the exaust under the seat then the pipes should come out under the rear of the running boards...chromed out... i would laugh so hard seeing one of those goin down the trail, but i think it would be great if it ends up to be a nice sled thats not made for military use, such as the rx1... just kiddin rx1 is a fine sled

·
Registered
146 Posts
i know of a brand new chassis being tried out here in sask for arctic cat. Not sure what's going in it though.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Isn`t the Gsxr motor a 1300cc?

I dont think they will do it cause it will be rushed. Yamaha spend the last 10 years making the Rx-1ton and cat did the same with the Firecat. I just dont think that they would have had the time for a Hi Perf four stroke. At least not enuff to release one this year.

I bet we will se a F6 Efi and maybe some other sleds moving into the F2 chassis.
I would bet that a new fan motor for the 440 will move into the F2 chassis too.

Also I would bet we see Mountain Sleds move into the F2 chassis or an entirely new one lighter than before.

For The polaris gang I would bet that they will join forces with TEAM FAST and use a Blade type Chassis.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Jan 8 2003, 09:59 AM
Isn`t the Gsxr motor a 1300cc?

I dont think they will do it cause it will be rushed. Yamaha spend the last 10 years making the Rx-1ton and cat did the same with the Firecat. I just dont think that they would have had the time for a Hi Perf four stroke. At least not enuff to release one this year.

I bet we will se a F6 Efi and maybe some other sleds moving into the F2 chassis.
I would bet that a new fan motor for the 440 will move into the F2 chassis too.

Also I would bet we see Mountain Sleds move into the F2 chassis or an entirely new one lighter than before.

For The polaris gang I would bet that they will join forces with TEAM FAST and use a Blade type Chassis.
Page 6 on snow goer canada states, november issue,
A GSX-R Bike engine in an Arctic Cat? Bet on it. We Learned that cat is close to releasing a performance sled powered by the big DOHC inlinefour Fourstroke most likly in a Firecat-Style Chassis. There was no official word from Cat by our early november deadline for this issue, but with the buzz created by the RX-1, A firecat GSX-R certainly makes sense.

I bet this thing would go like a bat outta hell, I've been waiting for a sled like this for years, it would be nice if it was lite and powerful unlike the RX-1 which does not seem to have either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
gsxr , motor is a 1000cc , the hayabusa is a 1300cc. i also was told by some reliable source that the 1000cc motor will be in a firecat chassis . , that motor really is not that big . i have one for sale if anyone wants one .

S

·
0 Posts
Nice to see the 1300 in at least one sled buddy of mine has the Hyabussa, Man does that thing ROCK!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
That would make an outstanding sled I'm sure, but how
would one ever get that to hook up?

That could possibly be the only thing to beat the F7!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer talked about the 1300 for the Arctic Cat 4 stroker performance sled. We will have to wait and see...

It will be interesting

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by nps@Jan 8 2003, 09:51 PM
the hayabusa is a gsx1300r not a gsxr.
Steve
Does anyone know what the weight of the gsx1300r engine is, and the weight of the MC 900 engine?

What was the HP of the 1000 and 1300 engines. Just doing a little dreaming...

S

·
0 Posts
I got a god rumor about the girl down the street LOL :( :D :eek: :mellow: :huh: ^_^ :p :wub:

·
Registered
2 Posts
the 1000 and 1300 both have about 160 at the rear wheel of a bike not sure about at the crank i would guess about 185-190
1300 motor is alot better motor. the 1000 motor is nothing more than a 750 motor with a stroker crank. i heard from the local dealer is they are going with the 1300 motor they weight about the same.
before they do that they need to come out with a way for use f7 owners to change the fuel set up on or sleds so we can make more power.
all the motorcycles have what are called power commander which allow you to change the fuel and timing maps.
Artic cat has the f7 set up so if you plug anything ignition box it shuts everything down. I love my sled but i would love it more if i could fine tune it like i do my bike
DMC
just my 2 cents <_<

1 - 19 of 19 Posts