Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snowraiders Snowmobile Club Inc had their meeting last night concerning our races and here is what was decided. These races are a tremendous endeavor as anyone who has attempted to stage races is well aware. The sole purpose is to raise monies for our groomer to provide enjoyable trails in our area that currently connect to every direction possible available from Ste Anne to other clubs. Secondly the races provide an opportunity for bragging rights for another year! Our races have always been focused on involving everyone including Kitty Cats, Womens, Relics and providing the average Joe the chance to race. Track is 500 feet. There will be Trail Stock, Improved stock and Modified classes run that day.

Registration must be done by Wednesday January 23rd so as to enable us to makeup draw beforehand. Call Dan @ 346-4354 or Marc @ 422-5805[out of office till Jan 19]. We have secured the Legion Hall which has a large parking lot and large warm conditions inside to confirm registrations commencing @ 8.30 in the morning on January 26. Coffee and donuts will be available in the hall and will be open during the day if you need to use restrooms or warmup. Hot dogs will be sold throughout the day. A social like snack will be available when the race winners are announced at the hall.

Each class is $10 and a one time $10 insurance fee per driver as well $5 for admission for everyone except kids 12 and under which are free. The bib is $10 but is refundable when returned. If you have your own bib please indicate so when registering by phone. Once registered you must attend pre-tech or you will not race. You must have a tether cord. Practise lane will be moved and widened to avoid accidents like last year and it opens @ 10.30. We strive to race by noon but remember that every guy that fails tech slows up the process such as you must have a tether cord or YOU WILL NOT RACE.

TRAIL STOCK: It was decided that in order to give everyone the best chance rubber and picked classes will continue as seperate classes. We feel the picked sleds have a distinct advantage and this way again the average sledder can participate. Rubber is rubber meaning their is no lug height restriction. Clutching is allowed but not different clutches. No y-pipe, pipes, cans, boondockers or filters will be allowed in trail stock. Again this is to allow the average sledder a chance to race and this ruling is final.

4 STROKE SLEDS: All Attack, Apex, RX1 and 2008 Nytro have to run in 700 class. Older Nytros and Vectors can run in 600 class. This is also a club decision and is final.

TURBO SLEDS: Stock turbo sleds will run in 600 class. Any after market turbos go direct to open mod and that decision is also final.

NOS SLEDS: Any nitrous sleds will run open mod.

You must have a tether or you will not race. This should help clarify what you need to do to prepare for our races. The club respects your opinion if you disagree with our rules but again these rules are final.

As previously mentioned we will race at least 3 of anything if you showup such as Relics, old stock sleds, womens or kids in order to get as many people a chance to race as possible. Remember to have a tether cord and register by January 23.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Snowraiders Snowmobile Club Inc had their meeting last night concerning our races and here is what was decided. These races are a tremendous endeavor as anyone who has attempted to stage races is well aware. The sole purpose is to raise monies for our groomer to provide enjoyable trails in our area that currently connect to every direction possible available from Ste Anne to other clubs. Secondly the races provide an opportunity for bragging rights for another year! Our races have always been focused on involving everyone including Kitty Cats, Womens, Relics and providing the average Joe the chance to race. Track is 500 feet. There will be Trail Stock, Improved stock and Modified classes run that day.

Registration must be done by Wednesday January 23rd so as to enable us to makeup draw beforehand. Call Dan @ 346-4354 or Marc @ 422-5805[out of office till Jan 19]. We have secured the Legion Hall which has a large parking lot and large warm conditions inside to confirm registrations commencing @ 8.30 in the morning on January 26. Coffee and donuts will be available in the hall and will be open during the day if you need to use restrooms or warmup. Hot dogs will be sold throughout the day. A social like snack will be available when the race winners are announced at the hall.

Each class is $10 and a one time $10 insurance fee per driver as well $5 for admission for everyone except kids 12 and under which are free. The bib is $10 but is refundable when returned. If you have your own bib please indicate so when registering by phone. Once registered you must attend pre-tech or you will not race. You must have a tether cord. Practise lane will be moved and widened to avoid accidents like last year and it opens @ 10.30. We strive to race by noon but remember that every guy that fails tech slows up the process such as you must have a tether cord or YOU WILL NOT RACE.

TRAIL STOCK: It was decided that in order to give everyone the best chance rubber and picked classes will continue as seperate classes. We feel the picked sleds have a distinct advantage and this way again the average sledder can participate. Rubber is rubber meaning their is no lug height restriction. Clutching is allowed but not different clutches. No y-pipe, pipes, cans, boondockers or filters will be allowed in trail stock. Again this is to allow the average sledder a chance to race and this ruling is final.

4 STROKE SLEDS: All Attack, Apex, RX1 and 2008 Nytro have to run in 700 class. Older Nytros and Vectors can run in 600 class. This is also a club decision and is final.

TURBO SLEDS: Stock turbo sleds will run in 600 class. Any after market turbos go direct to open mod and that decision is also final.

NOS SLEDS: Any nitrous sleds will run open mod.

You must have a tether or you will not race. This should help clarify what you need to do to prepare for our races. The club respects your opinion if you disagree with our rules but again these rules are final.

As previously mentioned we will race at least 3 of anything if you showup such as Relics, old stock sleds, womens or kids in order to get as many people a chance to race as possible. Remember to have a tether cord and register by January 23.[/b]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I was trying to say I forgot to include that it is 100% PAYBACK from entries for every class.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so for trail stock can u have a fuel reducer or 500 ft box (ecu)....????? what about suspension travel stock height ??????
[/quote

Other than the club rules that we were using last year which is basically what we are doing again this year the balance of the rules fall under ISR. Once again we are aiming at keeping trail stock competitive to anyone who wishes to enter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
u say u want to keep trail stock competitive ..then we should be able to run boondockers if your allowed to run a RACE ECU ......the average joe cant get a box or have a sled that uses one ....i thought isr rules say u can run a boondocker ......... im sure the guys with a race box dont trail ride there sled like the rest of us ...... just my 2 cents

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Alot of tuners change over the air intake on an f7 and install a larger aftermarket intake or one off a SnoPro 440. Is this allowed as it takes away from the stock setup?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some people dont understand what stock means.[/b]
Just talked it over with our club members and here it is folks. In order to simplify this process even further in terms of maintaining a structured system all TRAIL STOCK must be exactly that all STOCK. The ONLY changes allowed will be to gear and clutch the sled. Nothing, nothing, nothing else is allowed. That way all sleds with any, any changes from stock go directly to Improved Stock. This makes it crystal clear for everyone to understand with no confusion and very easy to police and keep fair for the average Joe to race.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just talked it over with our club members and here it is folks. In order to simplify this process even further in terms of maintaining a structured system all TRAIL STOCK must be exactly that all STOCK. The ONLY changes allowed will be to gear and clutch the sled. Nothing, nothing, nothing else is allowed. That way all sleds with any, any changes from stock go directly to Improved Stock. This makes it crystal clear for everyone to understand with no confusion and very easy to police and keep fair for the average Joe to race.[/b]

This event is getting bigger every year and getting better. I think to make this fun and fair for all is to have pro classes and semi-pro classes this way every one gets a fair shake. If you run semi-pro you can't enter pro and vice versa, it would not add more classes just split them up. Might be to late for this year but maybe something to look into for next year.

BIGBLK

·
Registered
86 Posts
This event is getting bigger every year and getting better. I think to make this fun and fair for all is to have pro classes and semi-pro classes this way every one gets a fair shake. If you run semi-pro you can't enter pro and vice versa, it would not add more classes just split them up. Might be to late for this year but maybe something to look into for next year.

BIGBLK[/b]
Thanks! Maybe next year we could look at something like that or have a out of the box stock class. We need somebody to come & join our club,write a rules book,apply them at the races and then tech all the sleds! Sounds easy! Any takers?!!!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just talked it over with our club members and here it is folks. In order to simplify this process even further in terms of maintaining a structured system all TRAIL STOCK must be exactly that all STOCK. The ONLY changes allowed will be to gear and clutch the sled. Nothing, nothing, nothing else is allowed. That way all sleds with any, any changes from stock go directly to Improved Stock. This makes it crystal clear for everyone to understand with no confusion and very easy to police and keep fair for the average Joe to race.[/b]
Does that include track changes? The only changes I've made are gearing clutching and track. (well changes that effect performance that is.) I was going to come and run stock but if I have to go into improved I'll likely get my ass handed to me.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
not that im coming to a race this year but im thinking about trying one next year and was wondering what a 570 (70hp) woud fall under

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does that include track changes? The only changes I've made are gearing clutching and track. (well changes that effect performance that is.) I was going to come and run stock but if I have to go into improved I'll likely get my ass handed to me.[/b]
Track is ok because you can get any track from a stock sled these days. Rubber track in stock classes & picked tracked will fall in stock picked.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Thanks! Maybe next year we could look at something like that or have a out of the box stock class. We need somebody to come & join our club,write a rules book,apply them at the races and then tech all the sleds! Sounds easy! Any takers?!!![/b]

It is a good idea chevelle. Dancobraman, there already IS a rule book that is in print and is easily accessable! ISR.

As far as the 670 with minor mods, technically that machine belongs in the 700 improved class.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts