Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know why was out there sat. and gate off powerline by madison brook is locked is it going to be open this year or is it closed for logging again

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
North side of Trail 1 is closed due to logging this season! :-( ...and as usual, some people can't read.

[/b]
The groomer has snow pushed towards the gate and theres nothing to read. How do the people get to the sign in camp if they need to.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The groomer has snow pushed towards the gate and theres nothing to read. How do the people get to the sign in camp if they need to.[/b]

You can not get to the sign in camp.

Talked with a club member and he said if people keep going around the gate or down the logging road to the camp the fish cops will start ticketing people.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
You can not get to the sign in camp.

Talked with a club member and he said if people keep going around the gate or down the logging road to the camp the fish cops will start ticketing people.[/b]
Figures they would close the nicest trail in Vermont!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Figures they would close the nicest trail in Vermont!!![/b]
I was looking thru old pictures this weekend and it got me thinking about all the awesome trails that have been closed down. On the flip side of that statement, none have been added. I don't ever seeing it turn around either!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
There was a Trail Closed sign posted before the gate in the groomer piled snow. Could be the rain, something or someone knocked it down. The VT ANR folks control the gate.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a Trail Closed sign posted before the gate in the groomer piled snow. Could be the rain, something or someone knocked it down. The VT ANR folks control the gate.[/b]
I wonder how the people that own the 2 camps past the gate access there camps walk? I have a camp on the west mtn mgmt area unfortunatley, if they had my road gated in the winter I wouls bring my torches and there would be no more gate. The only times those gates should be closed is mud season. But its the begenning of that whole area being closed down. Look at the trail from Paul Granby camp to the sawdust pile been closed 2-3 years. I just use it anyway. There were several nice loops out there that are now closed. We used to have a nice short cut trail across Ferdinand bog bridge to my camp the back way. But state remd the bridge and built one too narrow for sleds. Buts its not too narrow for dirtbikes road legal ones that is.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Now I understand your thinking of riding where ever, when ever. The local club keeps piling up the snow with the groomer to keep people out of the old 102 behind the Paul Granby camp. And there are plenty of signs warning of the closed trail. The torch idea would certainly help convince the VT ANR folks to allowing motorized vehicles travel those areas. Hopefully you don't meet up with the game wardens again.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I understand your thinking of riding where ever, when ever. The local club keeps piling up the snow with the groomer to keep people out of the old 102 behind the Paul Granby camp. And there are plenty of signs warning of the closed trail. The torch idea would certainly help convince the VT ANR folks to allowing motorized vehicles travel those areas. Hopefully you don't meet up with the game wardens again.[/b]
Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts