Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy some D&D pipes for my 2000 ZRT800, and need to know what RPM they need to run at. My current clutch set up has me running at ~8,300 - 8,500 rpm and seems to work really good (nice combination of hole shot/top end). I have 62 gm Polaris weights; a CPC 60/50 helix; CPC red/white driven; and a AC orange/white drive spring. I want to know if I can adjust my current set up to work with the pipes, or do I have to buy the D&D clutch kit.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
If my mind serves me correctly they have 3 different versions of 800 pipes, a race pipe, and 2 different trail pipes, which all run at different rpm's. The second release of trail pipes run at lower rpm's over the first version.

Best to just get it dyno'd by someone to see exactly where your highest hp is @ whatever rpms and your peak torque so you can clutch it accordingly.

Since your in MI I would take it to Carl Gallaway and have it dyno'd. He's the best.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the trail pipes that run into the stock can, I believe they state that the rpm is lower that previous versions, so I believe they are the latest. I am buying directly from D&D, so I guess I should just give them a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts