Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon Roy Taghon (Roy T) died in a snowmobile accident. I am not sure of all the details. He was an outstanding person. He was truely a Hardcore Sledder. He will be sorely missed.

·
Premium Member
19,980 Posts
him and I were just talking the other day about the F-Series............RIP man ! you will be missed.[/b]

Same here. We will miss him. He was a great help to everyone on this sight.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Snowmobiler killed in Allegan County
Posted by Chronicle News Service January 19, 2008 11:25AM
Categories: Breaking News
LLEGAN COUNTY -- A 44-year-old Pullman-area man was killed early Saturday when he apparently drove his snowmobile into a signal post along railroad tracks just west of 56th Street near 113th Avenue in southwest Clyde Township, the Allegan County Sheriff's Department reported this morning.

The man, identified as Ronald Terry Laraway, was driving a snowmobile behind at least two others about 2:45 a.m. Saturday when others in the group noticed he was missing, according to a preliminary investigation. The department reported the other riders went back to look for him and found him severely injured.

Deputies responded, along with Clyde Township Fire Department and AMR-Fennville, and Laraway was declared dead at the scene.

The crash remains under investigation by the Sheriff's Department Reconstruction Team, but "visibility issues and alcohol appear to be factors in the crash," according to the sheriff's department.

The department also issued a reminder to snowmobile riders "that train tracks are private property and that trespassing to ride along them is not only illegal but very dangerous."

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/01/snow...mourned_by.html

GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I want to extend my condolences to his family and friends. This is a terrible tragedy.

Fellow riders, be careful out on the trail and back country.

Roy T rest in peace.

Todd

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The names don't reconcile to me....hope it's not the HCS Roy. Either way very sad for the person(s) involved.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 RS
1,320 Posts
So, is this the guy "Ronald Terry Laraway" Roy T or are we talking about someone else here?

·
Registered
364 Posts
My heartfelt condolences to Roy's family. His posts and helpful conversation will be missed immensely. One of the good guys around here for sure.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Are you 100% sure its the same ROY T-I see he was on this morning just before 6am...

and I see our ROY T was 42- not 44 like this gentleman from pullman...RIP

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Roy Taghon is from Empire Michigan and posted here as Roy T.

From what I heard he was snowmobiling today around noon when this accident occured.

He was a friend of mine from our little town of 400 people. I feel awful for his family!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
are you guys sure about this??? this just can't be...the story about the sledder in allegan county can't be roy t...i do not believe this is the same person...i am sick right now thinking this may be true...

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Roy T just posted on here yesterday....regardless who it is...it's always bad news to hear a fellow rider has passed on! RIP Roy, if you were on here, thanks for all the info you have given us over the years!!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts