Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the F7 1.375 track.....Would it be better to use the round or square backers when studding with the 1.45 megabite 102 studs using the Woodys template ? Your thoughts .......Thanks !

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have squares but I like rounds better. When the Squares rotate they look like crap and of course you can never tell with rounds if they turned or not.

rounds are usually a little more money too

...and squares will support the stud better than rounds. Without posting graphs and diagrams the only way I describe it is, picture a stud in your hand with a round backer. Now push it at any angle, there is not much of the radius of the round applied to the track to support the stud. Now imagine the square and do the samething. Much more support is applied via surface area.
Don't if that make sence but I hope it helps.

I'm using squares because I'm running 102 studs which will be flexxing more than higher stud patterns

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Woody's newest (last year?) aluminum round backer plates... HIGHLY recommended! Very, VERY close in surface area to their also excellent aluminum square backer plates, but SO much easier and quicker to install without the extra hassle/step of aligning the square backers! -- Roy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts