Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Michigam sure stunk up the field today. The offensive line couldn't even stop USC today. What a joke. And to think that I thought they got screwed out of the National Title game. Playing like they did today shows that someone knew what they were doing. All being said though as much as I HATE the Buckeyes (what the hell kind of mascot is that anyway) I hope they destroy Florida.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Michigam sure stunk up the field today. The offensive line couldn't even stop USC today. What a joke. And to think that I thought they got screwed out of the National Title game. Playing like they did today shows that someone knew what they were doing. All being said though as much as I HATE the Buckeyes (what the hell kind of mascot is that anyway) I hope they destroy Florida.[/b]
O.K. Jeff now your getting carried away here :lol2:

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Hey, the Boise State game was awesome and the announcers were right when they said that type of game(BSU/OU) is just screaming for a playoff system of some sort. Why do school presidents of I-AA, II, and III all get it and the presidents of I-A don't?

I love the Broncos and their blue turf!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Hey, the Boise State game was awesome and the announcers were right when they said that type of game(BSU/OU) is just screaming for a playoff system of some sort. Why do school presidents of I-AA, II, and III all get it and the presidents of I-A don't?

I love the Broncos and their blue turf![/b]
Now that is a good question!! My guess is they feel student athletes in Division 1 just are not smart enough, they always use the excuse the players need to study for finals.

50 plus days layoff between games is BS, plus the fact these polls are just a guessing game. Too bad for Boise State these type of teams will never have a chance in the current system.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used to like Michigan football up until a few years ago. It seemed like every year was the same. Great draft class, high expectations, lots of talent, but they would always lose 2 - 3 games per year and normally a bowl game. Until Lloyd (conservative) Carr retires or gets fired I will not watch them.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Now that is a good question!! My guess is they feel student athletes in Division 1 just are not smart enough, they always use the excuse the players need to study for finals.

50 plus days layoff between games is BS, plus the fact these polls are just a guessing game. Too bad for Boise State these type of teams will never have a chance in the current system.[/b]

Easy answer is to start the season a week earlier(last week of August), shorten the season to 10-11 games(getting rid of the creampuff non-conference games, i.e. U-M vs. CMU/Vanderbilt,etc.) and set up a playoff system using the top 7 bowls as playoff sites and having the top 16 teams in the playoffs. Like I said, it works in all the other divisions, it could work in I-A. Imagine the first and/or second round games being played at the higher ranked seeds home fields. Tell me that wouldn't draw some excitement and good football!!!

·
Registered
10,935 Posts
Carr has got to go!!! Fucken pathetic w/ the talent we have to look like that. No blitzing, don't put Henne in shotgun ....& he doesn't motivate :banghead:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
There are like 32 bowl games and they could all stay with a play off system.

After the season use as many creatable polls including computer pools to determine the top 16 teams.

Set aside the 8 top bowl games then match up the other 24 bowl games with the teams that don’t make the playoffs.

After the first round, match up the eight losers in 4 of the bowl games set aside, do the same after the second round. In these games the low seed gets home field. I would love to see the SEC and PAC 10 teams travel in December to the Midwest.

The final four will play on New Years Day, then the winners a week later.

Worst case for two teams 16 games, like T-bone said drop a cream puff or two and your looking at 14 or 15. GVSU has played 15 games the five season winning 4 National championships.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
There are like 32 bowl games and they could all stay with a play off system.

After the season use as many creatable polls including computer pools to determine the top 16 teams.

Set aside the 8 top bowl games then match up the other 24 bowl games with the teams that don’t make the playoffs.

After the first round, match up the eight losers in 4 of the bowl games set aside, do the same after the second round. In these games the low seed gets home field. I would love to see the SEC and PAC 10 teams travel in December to the Midwest.

The final four will play on New Years Day, then the winners a week later.

Worst case for two teams 16 games, like T-bone said drop a cream puff or two and your looking at 14 or 15. GVSU has played 15 games the five season winning 4 National championships.[/b]
Exactly!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts