Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'Team Fast Airwave saga' started at Haydays at the Team Fast area. I really like the ride of the M10 but after doing some research I thought the Airwave would be a great upgrade so I pulled the trigger. Also the plan is some time down the line, Dande will get the 500 when I buy another sled and I was really thinking of her comfort when I bought IT! :)

I was told the install would take around 2-4 hours..... More on that later.......

Fast forward to Dec.

In talking to Kevin (Silverram) he said he had some time off from work and would open up the "We Do It Right" Shop for the install of the airwave. So off we go.

Removed slid front shock and sent to Team Fast for rebuild.

Here is what was done, From a non wrencher. I think Kevin will chime in later!

-Remove Skid, remove M10 rear shock and limiter strap (it stays off) and install the Airwave assembly (air shock, Fox shock came as one assembly) and front shock that Team Fast rebuilt. Pretty straight forward during this process.

Here is were it get interesting-

To inflate the airwave there is a elec air pump which is actived with a switch and PSI is read on a gauge. So as U can imagine there are air hoses and elec wires going everywhere.

Team Fast instructions were very vague on places to install these items other than "It is not recommended to not mount the gauge and switch on the hood". Humm, Both Kevin and I thought that all the places that would work on the cowling would not be rider convenient! So we decided to mount both the switch and the gauge on the hood! :div20: .....Sorry Team Fast.

Also on a phone call to Team Fast they were asked about the air line that ran from the Airwave on the slid up to the front of the sled. They said "Tape it on the running board up to the hood! In five years we have never had a problem" :augen41:

"U have go to be kidding"Kevin Said, Putting it politel ! Can U amgaine taping a 1/4 inch airline on the running board! :nuts:

So here are pics of the installed Airwave, From Kevin's "We Do It Right" Shop-

[attachment=281581:picture_023.jpg]
Airwave assembly installed

[attachment=281584:picture_025.JPG]
Air line from Airwave out to running board

[attachment=281586:picture_021.jpg]
[attachment=281587:picture_022.JPG]
Instead of tapeing the airline to the running board as Team Fast said to do, it was routed under the running board support. This was done by removing the Snow Skirt and running a steel rod between the running board support and the tunnel to gain enough space for the 1/4 inch airline. Still, there is a comcern about the conection in this area. Maybe a metal cover, Kevin?

[attachment=281596:picture_014.JPG]
Air pump mounted on the frame

[attachment=281598:picture_0131.JPG]
Routeing of air and elec
All areas were lines that might rub or were near heat were protected
And lines around the clutch side were given extra protection

[attachment=281600:picture_0041.JPG]
Elec red wire routed on the left side of the pic
Air Lines wraped in temp shielding tape on right of the pic

[attachment=281602:picture_0091.JPG]
The air gauge mounted on the right of the pic
Switch mounted between Tach and Speedo
Take Note Team Fast, where they should be mounted

Kevin and I both think this install of the Airwave' Kit is the Professional way to install it!l

Than we tested it-

The elec worked wonderful... the air pump inflated the 'airwave' great, but............

The connections that Team Fast supplied leaked air- :banghead:
[attachment=281608:picture_0011.JPG]

So after trying different connecters we finally got the right one-

[attachment=281611:media.png]

That do Not Leak!!!!! :luxhello:

The system has been holding the pressure for days now, so we licked the problem!

As I said in the beginning this instal was said to take 2-4 hours, well, to do it right and over come the air leaks, it took much longer than that!

But it is a Professinal job and all I need is snow to Feel the 'Wave' :rockernana:

Kevin, U Da Man

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow,
looks great. I too had problems with some vague directions but, we worked it out. (good technical support form TeamFast) I had a very good friend install the skid. It was a new m10 skid with an airwave kit. It took a lot longer than Team Fast said it would. I'll try to get details and pictures of my install.
As for riding it, it's not up to me but a higher authority meaning we need some F$%KING SNOW! I do feel this is the way to go for a great ride. I love my sled but I had to do something with the ride. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Hey Team Fast :bigfinger:

Team Fast needs to :frech32: them self. Directions suck, basically We just did it on our own. Called for help and was told he will call you right back. huh 3 hours later i called again. I said where to put the air line that went through the chassis, they said ( Tape it on the running board ) WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING. I think they were :share_doobie: when the airwave was designed. That fitting wouldn't last 10 minutes before my boots would rip it off. It sticks out 2 1/2'' [attachment=281918:picture_022.jpg]
Good luck ronder.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
[attachment=281967:post_195...68280454.JPG]
Couldn't you make a little mount to run that all under the running board?ill make a diagram
[attachment=281969:modified.JPG]
then rivet that where you made the whole?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice set-up for trails, should be like ridin a lazy-boy recliner. That's where Polaris mounted their factory air pressure gauge on their anniv. sled. I don't see the BFH in any of the pics, that tool fixes everything!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Nice set-up for trails, should be like ridin a lazy-boy recliner. That's where Polaris mounted their factory air pressure gauge on their anniv. sled. I don't see the BFH in any of the pics, that tool fixes everything![/b]

A grenade would have helped considerably. Just funnin' ya' Ron. Maybe this winter you can keep up with me in the bumps eh ????

Geez Ron that thing looks like the Griswald edition with all that stuff on it. :frech11:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A grenade would have helped considerably. Just funnin' ya' Ron. Maybe this winter you can keep up with me in the bumps eh ????
Geez Ron that thing looks like the Griswald edition with all that stuff on it. :frech11:[/b]
Your on MXZ :smilielol: If we ever get snow

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Hey Team Fast :bigfinger: Stick to making clutchs.

Team Fast needs to :frech32: them self. Directions suck, basically We just did it on our own. Called for help and was told he will call you right back. huh 3 hours later i called again. I said where to put the air line that went through the chassis, they said ( Tape it on the running board ) WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING. I think they were :share_doobie: when the airwave was designed. That fitting wouldn't last 10 minutes before my boots would rip it off. It sticks out 2 1/2'' [attachment=281918:picture_022.jpg]
Good luck ronder.[/b]
F.A.S.T. makes clutches? i think your thinking of TEAM industries. i've been over there and talked with the owner alot, good friends with him, and i dont recall them making clutchies. just the suspensions and blades........

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pro.... what does he think of our setup.

At haydays on the machine they had the Airwave on.... There was not any air tubing running down the running board or even the brass fitting poking out the side . Hummm

I have to call them about that!

I know I will love it but..........

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Pro.... what does he think of our setup.

At haydays on the machine they had the Airwave on.... There was not any air tubing running down the running board or even the brass fitting poking out the side . Hummm

I my have to call them about that!

I know I will love it but..........[/b]
could they have ran the hose down the roll in the edge of the footwell area? i havent seen this suspension mounted up on a sled yet, but i can ask him the next time i stop in. might not be for awhile though, i dont wanna interrupt him during this time of the year when its really busy for him. i try to go spring when things tone down a bit.

but he swears by this suspension now. said nothing else even compares to it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
looks good ron, it would be nice to hook up for a ride, see how it works?
if we ever get snow again,

mike

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I think everything Team Fast makes and has made is MICKEY MOUSE,dealt with some of their products many years ago at a dealership I worked at and nothing but GARBAGE,they where always good at sending out products with little or no directions.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
F.A.S.T. makes clutches? i think your thinking of TEAM industries. i've been over there and talked with the owner alot, good friends with him, and i dont recall them making clutchies. just the suspensions and blades........[/b]

Your right My bad. I did mix them up. Sorry TEAM industries for the mix up.

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
team fast has made alot of good stuff. dont know how you think their stuff is garbage. M-10's are flawless. awesome suspensions. blade are still best chassis out there....sorry to hear of your problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.