Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which could only manage 3 miles before breaking down.

download file then play in Windows Media Player
Video Clips from short ride.

view video first then scroll down for the rest of the story...

Rode the sled down to Warsaw for their annual vintage sled show/ride today only to find three vintage sleds in attendance. In other years I have been there they have always had a good showing...must have been the cold weather. Anyway the three sleds that showed up were some kids from Drayton...the guy driving the blue Polaris is the son of a friend of mine. I did manage to put 68 miles on today.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ha ha. I giggled like a school-girl through that whole video. I didn't have sound, though. I suppose if my sled only weighed 250 lbs, I'd unload it that way, too. I can't believe those guys weren't wearing helmets. I would have froze my face off. Those sleds bring new meaning to the stand-up style of riding.

Your profile says you have a Moto-ski (avatar photo?). Why didn't you ride that?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your profile says you have a Moto-ski (avatar photo?). Why didn't you ride that?[/b]
Doesn't have hand-warmers....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Shoot, if those guys were riding without helmets, I think you could have ridden without handwarmers. Get a pair of good mittens. Ha ha. That's a nice looking Moto-ski. It looks very well restored.

Oh, and I guess arms work as a tow-rope in a pinch.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot, if those guys were riding without helmets, I think you could have ridden without handwarmers. Get a pair of good mittens. Ha ha. That's a nice looking Moto-ski. It looks very well restored.

Oh, and I guess arms work as a tow-rope in a pinch.[/b]

The Moto-Ski is not restored...was bought new in 1972 and we hardly ever used it. The only things on it that are not factory original are the spark plug boot and drive belt. Bought at Siouxland Sports in Grand Forks for $434 Feb 26 1972

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The Moto-Ski is not restored...was bought new in 1973 and we hardly ever used it. The only things on it that are not factory original are the spark plug boot and drive belt.[/b]
Wow man that thing is a beauty! Nice job keeping it like that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts