Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to vermillion for the day and it was decent. Started out on the Arrowhead trail and it was 50/50, going through the bogs was rough and the skis hit a few rocks under the snow but once we got deeper in the woods it was nice. Then we got on the lake again by the landing and out front of the landing its horrbile from people driving when the lake was slush, can barely drive on it. But, we found some areas on the tower end of the lake with 5-6 inches of snow and tore them up, had some fun. It definetly lived through the warm weather today.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
We were up ther last Saturday running around the lake and it was pretty nice then. I put 60 miles on our clubs trail Monday to pack this wet stuff down to get a base started for grooming

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah there were some guys working on the cook trails, and then on the way back we saw a groomer in between cook and virginia. THe trail the groomer came out of looked pretty nice.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I didnt find any groomed trails around vermilion (sat). Not enough snow to safely groom most parts that I was on, anyway. The Lake is in bad condition due to people with trucks and 4 wheelers ruining it by riding next to the stakes when it was warm and now the tracks are frozen and its really rough. Although if you get off the stakes you can find good virgin snow to ride in (like the area around pine island.) Be aware of the pressure ridges when venturing off the stakes. There is one leaving everett bay heading toward bayview and bewteen comet and spider on big bay. They are not marked unless you are on the staked trail.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Ya I have seen those ridges myself between 5-8 feet high years ago when I was a kid in the 70's riding with my Dad up there, of course the old 70 ski-doo Olympic's didn't go fast enough to worry about it but then again they never did have working brakes on them.. I'm heading out right now to finish up clearing the branches and trees off our trail from the wet heavy snow we got over new years, kind of like riding thru a tunnel on the trail. Should have it done today so it can sart snowing tonight for the next week so I can get out and groom..I'm so bored being off work till April, and there is no snow to ride on really, and none to groom and I'm wearing out my new wheeler. I have 200 miles on the wheeler in the last month and 100 on the sled what's that tell ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.