Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i rode in some deep powder it was actually a ditch that was drifted really deep maybe like 3 ft of sno but anyways but i busted through a few of them and my hood was COVERED in snow and is there any way to keep the snow from packing in that forced induction cuz mine got packed so hard that it boged way down beecause of the loss of airf low and i got stuck :( Just wondered who all has experianced this and what you did to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the day after christmas i broke trails in 14" of fresh owder and my hood was white, but i had no issues except for having to much fun ! :p :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
You might try getting in touch with some dealers in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana etc. where they deal with deep snow everyday. When I was in BC last winter I saw these cowl covers that stretched over the cowl and kept the snow out, but I'm not sure if the were homemade or storebought. I think any stretchy, breathable material would work. Good Luck!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes again i have problems with the snow getting stuck in the induction i was thinking of getting a piece of mesh like on the bras and maybe tapeing it to the cowl so it helps the snow fly off but it might take away some airflow too anyone else with any ideas?

·
Registered
171 Posts
get one of those velcro on screens you can see them in the pride magazine on the sno pros that will stop snow from coiming and allow air to flow

·
Registered
47 Posts
What an awsome looking sled in that pic!!! Thats because it's mine!! Glad you used the pic, I'm waiting for
solutions to your problem. I ride in mountain powder frequently and might want to prevent a problem.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the bra helps the snow dust from getting in the motor compartment, and it does work very well!
air that goes into the motor goes where the raised section of the hood is on top .the only thing i can say to try is call grip-n-rip and see if they can make you 2 smaller bras for each side of the hood that you can velcro down in yelllow or green , but you still may need to brush it off from time to time , or you could get into some real custome fabricating and relocate the air intake, but that would be a lot of work.
the green fabric they use is pretty close to cats color, see my pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I posted on this topic three weeks ago after I encountered the same problems.My solution was to get some of the black ,very course open cell pre-filter material the some brands use on there intakes before going to the airbox.The local Yammi dealer just gave me some.I cut it into a two inch wide strip by 10-12 inches (the total length of the space between the hood and intake beak),trimmed to fit very snugly without damaging the inside silicone soaked screen and wedged it along the sides.I cant give you a thumbs up yet,(NO SNOW) but am pretty certain that it wont be too restrictive and should eliminate the frozen block that I found under the intake beak.give it a try it's cheap, if not free and the screen can be removed trail side and shaken out if needed.Let me know if it works or not!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
That won't help any with the air induction, but it keeps snow off of your engine clutches. All of the sno pros last year had them, so they must be important to have.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea jeff thanks for the pic i couldnt really get any of mine on her cuz i dont have a camera but urs was very useful. i actualy got the green one and yea it is pretty close to the cat green andi like it a lot. The only thing is its hard to get it alinged right when putting it on but i got it as close as possible. Ill try to get a digital camera and put on some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts