Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got about 400 miles on the sled and the weak 1000 that worried me last season has turned into an animal. Rode some moderately bumpy trails last night and it felt like someone was punching the bottom of my seat when going over bumps. So first thing i thought was take all the shit outta my trunk since its right under my ass but it didnt help. Any chance the track is slapping the tunnel protectors? Its not very loose by any means but its all i can think at this point. Anyone else experience this? By the looks of the weather ill have some time to figure it out!!!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
you have to run the track tight to keep it from hitting on the bottom of the tunnel, mine did the same thing. You would think there would be more clearance underneath than that but there isn't.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After it thawed out i looked up in the tunnel and sure enough there were scratch marks from the studs hitting. Tighten the track up and see what happens its about my only option.

·
Registered
654 Posts
After it thawed out i looked up in the tunnel and sure enough there were scratch marks from the studs hitting. Tighten the track up and see what happens its about my only option.[/b]
The cat tunnel protector is almost useless, you need to add an extra piece either right above the track windows under the gas tank or right down the middle. I have 2 X-fires and had to do it with both of them. Its easier to put them in then have a stud tear through your tunnel and cause more damage. I thing cat should have made their tunnel protector 12" longer than what it is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How tight are you guys runnin your tracks? Tightened mine up to about an 1.5" of sag in the center but i feel its too tight.

·
Registered
968 Posts
How tight are you guys runnin your tracks? Tightened mine up to about an 1.5" of sag in the center but i feel its too tight.[/b]
thats sounds loose for a studded track

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well I run studs with the additional protection under the gas tank. I also run with the track at 1.75" of sag with 20lbs weight under the track. But this has nothing to do with the bottoming out of the suspension.

I needed to stiffen up of the rear shock since the dealer didnot handle that during the setup. Then I rotated the spring tensioner and I may play with the blocks this next weekend.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts