Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a big group of us heading up to rockwood on wednesday night and we will be there till sunday. how are the trails looking and what is there for snow off trail? thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was at the Birches Saturday. Trails are not too bad... a few washouts right before the Birches on either side, other than that, pretty nice... Greenville is shot though from what I hear. I wouldn't recommend eating at the Birches, wait staff are terrible and the food sucks this year!!! I dont know what happened tot hat place!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just back from Rockwood. Spent the last 4 days working on trails. Here's a detail of our trails:

Rt 66 from the Moose River Bridge (next to the Moose River Store in Rockwood on Rt 15) to Approx. 10 miles out - good to passable. There are woter holes that have been marked and pulped/brushed as of Friday. Our Club President, Steve Lane was out today (Sunday) trying to improve the sections near the Birches. He plans on dragging this section tonight with the Gilbert groomer.

After the old Carry Brook intersection, Rt 66 is EXCELLENT all the way THRU ST-21 (Jct Rt 66 and ITS 88) and down to where Long Pond usually intersects with ITS 88. This was groomed a little Saturday when we took the groomer to repair a large wash-out on ITS 88. I would suspect the big tractor-groomer out there tonight.

From there down to the bridge is good, watch for an occasional water hole. Once the trail gets beside Moose River Road it is excellent down to the Moose River Bridge by Demo Yard. We end there.

The Lake has yet to be staked until there is enough ice to provide safe passage. Reports had around 8" IN SPOTS, but with the weather we had last week I'm hearing the ice thickness has decreased. Not good. Lets hope for some cold weather.

Been up there since Wednesday night. Worked on trails Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat. Got a 50 mile ride in today before heading home. Could feel a real bad case of Anal-glaucoma coming on (couldn't see my a$$ coming in to work) :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
we have a big group of us heading up to rockwood on wednesday night and we will be there till sunday. how are the trails looking and what is there for snow off trail? thanks[/b]
where are you guys staying? I'll be up there friday night

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just back from Rockwood. Spent the last 4 days working on trails. Here's a detail of our trails:

Rt 66 from the Moose River Bridge (next to the Moose River Store in Rockwood on Rt 15) to Approx. 10 miles out - good to passable. There are woter holes that have been marked and pulped/brushed as of Friday. Our Club President, Steve Lane was out today (Sunday) trying to improve the sections near the Birches. He plans on dragging this section tonight with the Gilbert groomer.

After the old Carry Brook intersection, Rt 66 is EXCELLENT all the way THRU ST-21 (Jct Rt 66 and ITS 88) and down to where Long Pond usually intersects with ITS 88. This was groomed a little Saturday when we took the groomer to repair a large wash-out on ITS 88. I would suspect the big tractor-groomer out there tonight.

From there down to the bridge is good, watch for an occasional water hole. Once the trail gets beside Moose River Road it is excellent down to the Moose River Bridge by Demo Yard. We end there.

The Lake has yet to be staked until there is enough ice to provide safe passage. Reports had around 8" IN SPOTS, but with the weather we had last week I'm hearing the ice thickness has decreased. Not good. Lets hope for some cold weather.

Been up there since Wednesday night. Worked on trails Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat. Got a 50 mile ride in today before heading home. Could feel a real bad case of Anal-glaucoma coming on (couldn't see my a$$ coming in to work) :D[/b]
thanks for all the info

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where are you guys staying? I'll be up there friday night[/b]
we will be getting up to the cabin around 2 tomorrow! we are renting a big log cabin on the end of the lake right next to the river i cant really remember the name of it but the place is huge and its sick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts