Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Rockwood Fire & Rescue Facebook page. No other details....

"Rockwood Fire and Rescue responded last night to a fatal snowmobile crash. Please slow down and just enjoy riding"

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Been a bad year.

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
What is wrong with some of these riders, don't they understand alcohol, and sleds don't go together? add excessive speeds these sleds are capable of, its a deadly combination. It makes me sad to keep hearing this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is wrong with some of these riders, don't they understand alcohol, and sleds don't go together? add excessive speeds these sleds are capable of, its a deadly combination. It makes me sad to keep hearing this.
They haven't said what the nature/cause of the incident was yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone know where this was? Sounds like near rockwood, just wondering if it’s that section behind blue ridge, which is always challenging, curvy and sometimes has difficult snow conditions on the curves. RIP

Looks like they also assisted someone who had a broken leg on the lake today. Tough season for some reason

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very Sad to hear for sure. There is only a couple weeks left in the season so lets all stay glued together and not drive out of your shoes with these very powerful sleds we run, know your limit, be mindfull of the condition of the trail as they change and ride like there is a sled coming around every corner every time.
R.I.P my fellow rider.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Anyone know where this was? Sounds like near rockwood, just wondering if it’s that section behind blue ridge, which is always challenging, curvy and sometimes has difficult snow conditions on the curves. RIP

Looks like they also assisted someone who had a broken leg on the lake today. Tough season for some reason
Updated article said it happened in the Taunton & Raynham Academy Grant which contains most of the Blue Ridge Range, just south, south west of Rockwood. MSA map... https://webapps2.cgis-solutions.com/mainesnowmobile/

·
Registered
924 Posts
Booze and Speed played a part in the accident. (Imagine that) RIP fellow snowmobiler and thanks for not hitting a sober rider coming the other way

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nobody needs your childish remarks

Childish? Really, I would call it more of a callousness remark. Certainly not childish.

But can you imagine how you would feel it this guy hit your buddy, wife or kid?

Dude made a choice to drink and override his sled. Nobody thinks its going to happen to them. Glad there was only one sled involved and not some innocent rider coming the other way.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Childish? Really, I would call it more of a callousness remark. Certainly not childish.

But can you imagine how you would feel it this guy hit your buddy, wife or kid?

Dude made a choice to drink and override his sled. Nobody thinks its going to happen to them. Glad there was only one sled involved and not some innocent rider coming the other way.

Exactly. People make mistakes and most of the time they don't deserve to lose their life over it. But this is the way people need to view this. My experience with people that drink (I'm not talking a beer at lunch, but enough in succession to seriously impede your judgement) is that it isn't an isolated incident. And its only a matter of time. Its unfortunate this person lost their life. Its not unfortunate that he was the only one. As snowmobilers, partiers, adrenaline junkies and motor heads, we are and always will be our own worst enemies. I'm not judging anyone, I was as guilty as the next guy at one time. I got lucky and lived thru it. And learned from it. Police your buddies and police strangers you see at the bar. No one wants to make that phone call to someones wife, mother etc., or have to stand there watching an unsuccessful attempt at CPR on a buddy. As many people found out over the years this isn't a game, people need to get their shit together. Life is short and there's too much to lose.

raylag64, I am very sorry for your loss. Be safe out there everyone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Exactly. People make mistakes and most of the time they don't deserve to lose their life over it. But this is the way people need to view this. My experience with people that drink (I'm not talking a beer at lunch, but enough in succession to seriously impede your judgement) is that it isn't an isolated incident. And its only a matter of time. Its unfortunate this person lost their life. Its not unfortunate that he was the only one. As snowmobilers, partiers, adrenaline junkies and motor heads, we are and always will be our own worst enemies. I'm not judging anyone, I was as guilty as the next guy at one time. I got lucky and lived thru it. And learned from it. Police your buddies and police strangers you see at the bar. No one wants to make that phone call to someones wife, mother etc., or have to stand there watching an unsuccessful attempt at CPR on a buddy. As many people found out over the years this isn't a game, people need to get their shit together. Life is short and there's too much to lose.

raylag64, I am very sorry for your loss. Be safe out there everyone.
Well said...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts