Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob: When you were trying to pick the best ratio for chain/brake noise on your 700xcsp did you consider 25-41 gears?

I am trying to determine if this ratio would do as well as say 24-39 gears??? ( I can use the same chain with this ratio (25-41). I am trying to get rid of that NOISE!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
the gears I used were the ones recommended to me by a Polaris engineer to be the most silent. They helped the chain noise quite a bit but the brake noise was no better at all. Still very annoying.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob:

Thanks for the information. I tried out my 25-41 gears today and it seem to help a little. When I applied the brake, I still was hearing the nosie...I was wondering if I tried 24-39 gear setup would it help even more?? When you apply the brake the noise starts and keeps going even after you let go of the brake, the 25-41 gears seem to help a little. Would the 24-39 gears help even more when not on the brake?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob:

Thanks for your help! I was hoping you would say something different...I guess for this year I will live with the noise! I am interested to hear what you my be looking at for next year. I am looking at skidoo..possibly 600sdi gsx or 600sdi rendegade. If you get to test ride one of these again please forward your comments, they really help.

Thanks,

Snowman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts