Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are ya at for mileage and any repairs or updates yet

·
Registered
4 Posts
5150 so far.

Still no real problems or updates.. still on the original rope too. I do think my pipe is starting to crack under the shield, but nothing is visible yet. I'm letting the problem "mature" :D :lol:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hey Rob. I know you said before you are going to get an '04 F7. What are you going to do with your '03? Sell it or trade it or what?

Just curious.

·
Registered
2021 VR1 850, 18 Tiger 8000, 17 RS 6000, 16 ZR 6000, 12 F1100T, 11 EXT 800, 09 Z1 Turbo, 05 ZR 900
10,200 Posts
1000 hard earned miles so far this season 750 on the F7 going for 4000 miles on the F7. Going for a strong finish, there's no way I'll even get close to Rob.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 22 2003, 06:55 AM
5150 so far.

Still no real problems or updates.. still on the original rope too. I do think my pipe is starting to crack under the shield, but nothing is visible yet. I'm letting the problem "mature" :D :lol:
God Rob you'r killing the rest of us. Please God just a little snow?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just an update.. pulled the pipe and took off the shield this afternoon...the pipe wasn't cracked after all. just getting paranoid i guess :D :lol: :D :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks rob keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I'm not close to Rob but I'm still on the original rope and pipe at 2200 miles. The only updates I've had done are the rail cap bolts and the steering post block. The dealer was out of smart valves when I took it in. I think I may just leave the originals in.

If it ain't broke, dont fix it..... :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I currently have 3,725 miles on the '03 SKS. My friend André traded his 2001 ZR600APV for the new F6 (2 or 3 weeks ago) and he already have 1,500 miles on it. We did a 300 miles ride yesterday and this F6 is really a great sled. Good comfort and performance but need a little "fine tuning" to control darting. Temperature was 30-32F and the SKS did 11 mpg and 12.3 for the F6 (F6 is usually around 15mpg and SKS around 12).
HDen

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
hey rob, i got my f-5 standard like may 3 months ago?? and i havent really heard of any updates on it can u fill me in on that??...thanx...oh yeah what do i do with my valve cables always coming off the servo motor???
thanx!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 22 2003, 06:55 AM
5150 so far.

Rob,

I have 3,300 miles. This weekend I went through 2 pipes. Went to a dealer on the trail he gave me a new pipe. The next day I had to go back and get that replaced. The dealer was great, he didn't have to pull pipes off a new machines on his floor. That is the kind of service we need.

When your pipes go you will know it.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
2200 miles on my F7 so far. I had all the updates done except the oil adj. No problems after the cyl at 39 miles til this weekend. I lost the tach, speedo, hand warmers and guage lights. The headlight and taillight are also dimmer. I am guessing a ground wire problem. I enjoy it enough to get another one, but hope they make some improvements under the hood in the way they run the wiring.

·
Registered
997 Posts
3600 miles only problem was the broken handlebar bracket(bottom). I am going to rebuild the primary clutch and put new bushings in the weights this week though.They are getting sloppy. Hope to make 4500 this year.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Rode last Thursday with Rob for about 100 miles or so. He's been pulling
our leg the whole time. He keeps adding a zero on the end of his mileage,
5100 (actually 510 miles). Just kidding Rob. I went home with 4260 on it.
But I'll be back up next weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts