Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob, i seen your post on the smart vales from AC. THANK YOU very helpful, but i have one qeustion. In the article AC states that the smart values should lay flat on the bottom of the tank. today i went to check that, so i stuck my hand into the tank and reached back and the smart v was not laying on the bottom of the tank it was floating in the gas, is this what its supposed to do. is this ok. it was flat, it just wasent flat on the bottom of the tank like they stated. thanks for any help. <_<

·
Registered
4 Posts
that's a new one by me!?? Is it actually floating? Or just being held up by something? Either way that's wrong. It should be flat on the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its floating in the gas. its not floating on top of the gas, it sumerged under the gas , but not laying on the bottom. when i felt it in my hands i pushed it down flat against the tank, and as soon as i took my hands off it, it would come back off the bottom of the tank like it was just floating. i am assuming as the gas goes down the smartr v will go down to,so when the tank is near empty the smart v will be laying flat on the bottom. i just got it back from the dealer yesterday, he put in the new smart v, and stuck my hand down their today and thats what i noticed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well I would be concerned. The SV's should be on the bottom of the tank at all times. If I was you I'd contact the dealer and point that out. Floating will draw air sooner than if they were on the bottom of the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts