Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob - everyone keeps mentioning your setup. can you pin it for us at the top of the forum so I can find what they are talking about?

Thx.
KJ
(No snow, I've got nothing better to do than to dink with sled in garage!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't want to pin my setup, because it only represents my current thinking, and others might find a different setup works better for them. But right now my setup is:
Stock skis and carbides
3/8" toe-out as measured at front&rear of carbide, or 1/4" as measured in my tutorial
IFS shocks 1 turn tighter than zero preload with the sled front jacked up
front tunnel shock one half turn tighter than zero preload with the sled rear jacked up
coupler blocks on #2 and torsion springs on #1 (lightest)

This setup worked super for me in Quebec. I'm going to experiment with the coupler block on #3 and I may draw up the limiter strap too next time I ride. I like to tinker :lol: :rolleyes: B)

Also, I think the clutching is just about perfect.. I wouldn't think of changing anything there.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Guys,

You need to realize something here. What works for Rob, may not work for you!!! We all need to do our individual setups based on riding conditions, riding style and personal preference!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Jay is correct! It may be a good starting point here, but test and tune to your liking! Personally, I love a firm, stiff ride. :unsure: Opps, that didn't sound that good! Anyway, the bottom line is this: Set your Firecat to your personal preference.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts