Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,

The scenario is if all of us who's sled's have blown up don't get parts by next week the back order relief date is January 15th...What do you think is going to happen if all of us with Warranty Blown Firecats don't have sleds for 33% of the season?

Any suggestions or help or whatever is appreciated?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
please don't let it come to this :eek:

I hope that with all of the sleds being checked and triple checked.There will only be minimal i.e. normal breakdowns...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well if my sled goes to the shop and is in there for 33% of the season. I going to be a slight bit POed.

90% of us will be riding all season , and the few will be well taken care of by cat....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by bosssho@Dec 6 2002, 09:27 PM
Rob,

The scenario is if all of us who's sled's have blown up don't get parts by next week the back order relief date is January 15th...What do you think is going to happen if all of us with Warranty Blown Firecats don't have sleds for 33% of the season?

Any suggestions or help or whatever is appreciated?
hopefully it won't come to that, but if it would, I would expect your dealer to provide a loaner sled.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK... timeout.

This is a true example of how a thread starts to look like postings from a "Glorified Ladies Aid Society".

Contrary to popular belief --- THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Fireman@Dec 6 2002, 10:16 PM
OK... timeout.

This is a true example of how a thread starts to look like postings from a "Glorified Ladies Aid Society".

Contrary to popular belief --- THE SKY IS NOT FALLING
Fireman,

Never said the sky was falling, but CAT is telling the dealers that after this initial backorder fill of Dec 6th that may or may not arrive on Monday, the next time any cylinders will supposedly be available will be January 15th...noramally in NE, on a good winter there are about 90 great days of riding..30/90 = 33%...I am dead serious when I say this is what I am looking at (Along with others who have their sleds go up in smoke) after paying $9000 including accesories...still waiting for them to figure out where the reverse will be mounted seeing as the gas tank is where they would normally do it to spend more money.

Rob, as long as it's a loaner ZR or Firecat that would be fine...I am going there late Monday to deal with it in person.

·
Super Moderator
2,523 Posts
I'm waiting on an exhaust manifold gasket....
SUPPOSED to be here Tueday (a full week and a half)
Missing riding my F7 this weekend

In Michigan, we don't get that many days of riding.

A bit P.O'd......

Chris
:angry:

·
Registered
827 Posts
hey guys i feel for you, thats why i have 4 other sleds at my dispossal if my f-7 goes down, i feel that cat would take care of me, and they should take care of you,, put some pressure on your dealer if the fix takes too long,, mike :rolleyes:

·
Registered
485 Posts
:angry: yea O.K. , here we go, traded in my 01 Zr8 for my f7. Dropped my trade in sled to the dealer in late Sept. Shortly after Cat sent me a letter telling me the 2001 zr800 has a piston update and recomended that the sled not be operated until new pistons were installed (free). The piston kit is on backorder (imagine that ?).So since 2001 I have spent $19,000 canadian on snow machines and due to the f7 blowing up I still theoretically would still have no machine to ride?The f7 parts are on back order also. Maybe I should start buying new machines in pairs to keep my own parts supply? Of course we would then be up to $38,0000....... :blink:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just a quick update, I was at my dealer today dropping of my F7, (Piston and cylinder to be replaced) The dealer phoned while I was there and the AC rep told them that all clyinders that were on order would be shipped next week.
I can't say I trust AC but I'm hoping for the best. <_<

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unreal...My dealer is supposed to have my cylinders in hand as of today or tomorrow at the latest...I was in the early batch of orders though. AC told my dealer they had enough F7 cylinders for the whole lot of us poor bastards...keep me posted on your situations and good luck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
They told my dealer the same thing today regarding the cylinders.
I only have 7 days of work to go and I'm off for 3 months....The sled better be ready when I am.... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Well I checked on the status of parts today....Cylinders are in stock and available :D
Piston kits are B/O til thurs. this week...This should be no problem then ....

·
Registered
485 Posts
:mellow: Thanks for the info guys I'll check with the dealer tommorow, maybe some hope for a weekend blast yet!

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
jamie.......i take it you have decided to keep the sled?? :mellow:
i'm sure once it is broke in you will be fine.
i take it you are in the excavating biz,too
i am off for 3 or so month's also B)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts