Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,

Is there anychance of putting together a members only Q and A to the folks at Cat, similar to the AMSNOW one last year?
It would seem that there are alot of ideas floating around here, and being that this is a large group of Cat sledheads, it would be worth Cats time to take a listen, and give some feedback.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I second the notion. Hey we already have "guest" apperances from some ac engineers.

Dear Mr. GLS,  Why didn't you make an FCAT with a 800cc engine?[/b]

Rob if i were you i would commercialize this site. Great advertising oporonities. The outdoor shop would make a great sponsor. I would cut a % deal with him. You write the review on a product, he sells it. You both profit.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just bringing it back to the top.
Is this a realistic idea that Cat would consider? It would have to be constructive questions not a bash session.

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Captainkev@Jan 22 2003, 08:24 PM
Rob,

Is there anychance of putting together a members only Q and A to the folks at Cat, similar to the AMSNOW one last year?
It would seem that there are alot of ideas floating around here, and being that this is a large group of Cat sledheads, it would be worth Cats time to take a listen, and give some feedback.

Kevin
sorry I didn't see this before..

Yep, I think its a great idea..but would Cat think so? I'm not sure.. I don't know what the deal was at Amsnow. And the timing of it is another question.. I'm sure that Cat has their hands full right now, and probably wouldn't have some of the answers right now. Late march or april would probably be a better time. I'll try and pass it along and see if it flies.

As to this site's future, that is another question.. Right now firecat.info and HCS are costing me $35/month. I dont presently receive anything to offset that expense. I decided back in the fall to foot the bill for the winter, but come april we are going to have to toss around some ideas. Yes, we need a sponsor to help offset the server costs, but at the same time we want HCS to stay independent. Let's not worry about it now, but keep it in the back of your minds and we'll talk about it after the snow melts :rolleyes:

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rob,

I agree on keeping this an open forum. Which means free. I would be willing to consider sponsoring all or a portion of the site costs. That is AAMCustoms would. We do custom seats, graphics, and signs for Snowmobiles, trucks, and trailers out of WI. I myself also do webdesign and development work that might come in handy.

Just FYI for the future.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there enough profit built into the tee shirts and possible other clothing items down the road, that it would cover the costs of maintaining the site?

Kevin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why not charge the businesses a small fee for the free advertising and extra business they generate by hanging out on this board and answering questions.
How about adding $2.00 to the price of the HCS shirts to cover your costs?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know of a few local sled related businesses and their owners up by my cabin where I ride. I'm pretty sure if there was a advertising or sponsorship program set-up, that they would consider getting on board.

Kevin

·
Registered
827 Posts
i think keeping it private is the way to go, if you start getting businesses
involved it will change this site, i personally like it the way it is,,i would rather it be in t-shirts, hats,or even a fund raiser,to keep this site what it is,for sled riders, not sled businesses, just my opinion,,mike
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts