Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is she back on the trail. mileage update How many more weeks can you ride before the snow is all gone? no more in mn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by derrek@Mar 17 2003, 01:35 AM
Is she back on the trail. mileage update How many more weeks can you ride before the snow is all gone? no more in mn.
Do you mean from my visit to my dealer last week? Yes, there was no down time at all.. I stayed at the dealer during the work, and brought the sled home and rode the next day. I did have the new hyfax pull a bit on the cold morning in Jonquiere.. Dealer set the track tension a little too tight. Other than that, sled ran great, but I still have the lack of topend problem that no one seems to be able to diagnose. I'm hoping to swap ECUs this week and see for sure if that is the cause. I will post a complete write-up for my F7 at season's end. Right now I'm a shade under 8000 miles on my F7. Due to the big warm up here in Vermont I'm not sure how much more riding there will be.. I may head back up north mid-week if I get too bored. Anyone want to join me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by greenrider@Mar 17 2003, 07:24 AM
Where exactly are planning on going up north Rob?
I'll start at Montmagny and head east. One thing I need to do is deliver some HCS t-shirts to friends (Relais 540).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Rob, If you are going on Thursday my son and I may take you up on it. I met you and Jane at the Snodeo, while you were waiting to ride the new Cats. George

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Rob,
Cat secondary clutch springs are famous for sacking out every couple thousand miles; resulting in several hundred lower rpm's. 5 mins to install a new one. Don't know if that helps.
mike

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Rob, with all the miles you get on your sled, you should have titanium clutch springs. Then just put the stock back in when you sell it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts