Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob,
Since you put on the big miles, how often and at what milage have you had your shock recharged? Hoe rough are the trails you ride?

Thanks,
catfish

·
Registered
4 Posts
i never recharge, don't like down time, and my shocks are usually wimpy wet noodles by the end of the season.

i ride on mainly groomed trails.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Rob, have someone or your dealer service those shocks right away,it wouldn't take more than an hour even if you drop sled off. I can't stand weak shocks you lose all your control in any rough conditions... These shocks are made to require service routinely or they turn to complete mush. If you have the service done after the first time and whoever services them uses highquality synethic oil they will last twice as long or more vs. the crap oil fox uses from the factory. I think fox has better oil then they use for manufacturing they do not even use synethic. Get it done you will have a new sled feel, even better than new. Someone out there help this guy out. If I'd have my way I would get it done every 300 to 500 miles. There is no better feeling then fresh shocks once you do it you will agree.. I think there should be a couple spare rear shocks in trunk w/a way to throw on like a spare tire on those long rides or vacations.. Someone get on this, I'll be your first customer..... Happiness is sucking up the trash a full speed..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with ditch pickle bring on the rough trails and smooth rides if you have more than 5000 miles on a set of fox shocks you must have had them In the trunk of a car cause they wont hold up that long

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
how many miles do you think you need to recharge them at?

·
Registered
132 Posts
there are a mulitable of varibles ,mostly how they feel and react determines when service is required. But they go away very slowly so a lot of time you think or I should say forgot how good they felt when they were working 100% if they ever were. How long do they last, depends on how hard they were used and moisture contamination ,the true two factors; if your sled is under sprung for weight and riding style ,you are over using the shock(major reason for premature fading) a hard sprung sled will out last a weak sprung sled in shock fading resistance. A driver who just slams the sled though very rough terrain and heats shocks up for prolong periods can fade a shock relatively fast especially if its sprung weak and is using valving in shock to do a large share of the damping.( compress and rebound) . There is a perfect recipe on valving and spring size for everyone and the way they drive, the $60,000 question is finding it. Look at Tucker ie. his dad is a true guru on shocking, and if any of you had a chance to drive his sleds and weighted close to the same and pushed them like he does,you would be in disbelief how shocking is everything in fun trail riding and being in control. Jack Struthers is another guru and there are more, but if they would ever set a sled up for you in shocking you would never want to get rid of it... and you would laugh at what you thought was a super handling sled... at least 99% of you anyway......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts