Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob did u get a chanse to ride a Doo 600 HO SDi which is Doos efi. I did & could not beleave the way it turned & takes the bumps.Wife & I felt it is better than our F7s ??? Also have 3800 miles on ours & are diled in as good as can be expected

·
Registered
4 Posts
They didn't have any SDI's to ride at Colebrook.. The ones we rode were 600 HO's. They do take the bumps well, but I question how your knees will feel after 300 miles on one?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was one of the ? s I had about it. Only got to ride 10 miles . Thanks for your in put . It means a lot to all of us.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a Rev sport 800 and a snopro F5.
So I can anwser that question some what ! The Rev you can ride all day and get up the next morning without all the aches and pains of most other sleds.
My knees never ache, arms,back or shoulders - sorry but I can'r say the same as for the snopro (Iam not cutting down other sleds either)

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But your not comparing apples with apples . You would have to compare a MXZ with the race suspension to the Sno pro or your Sport to a Saber cat 04 ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would have to be honest and say I have rode 200 plus miles on numerous occasions on my Rev and depending on the trails your riding dictates whether your knees will ache or not. Rough trails require more leg work. All the standing and sitting tends to beat my knee joints up more.

Examples:
Rode the trails up and around st. Donat, St Michael and st. Zenon with over 200 mile days with no trouble with leg or knee stiffness. But on the other hand I rode trails on a weekend in and around central New York on over towards Vermont area and by the end of each day my knees were shot. I found myself riding down the trail and having to stretch my legs one at a time numerous times as I rode. I'm just wondering what long term effect that will have on my knee joints. I know I have been riding with a buddy of mine and he rides a firecat and I have been riding that alot lately. I am really starting to like that sled.. I'm definately thinking of trying a F-6 efi for next season...
:wacko:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i rode my friends 600 ho rev for quite a while and after a long ride of rougher trails my knees were banging the cowl a lot due to me being tired , what was wors is that i could not stretch out.
on my f-5 snopro i get knee aches as well on a long bumpy day but i can sit back and stretch out with ease.
both sleds have their pro's and con's but im stickin with the firecat ! :) for nice cruising day trips the firecat is awsome to say the least ! :wub:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moqulman thank you for a honest answer. Hard to get now a days. byoffcr

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have tried an 800 sdi engine in my dad gtse800sdi. Starts easy and runs great. It has all the same benifits of efi with more. IT has a knock sensor so your sled doesnt not burn down (that would have been good this winter for some f7 owners :lol: but thankfully my f7 did not have engine trouble) and it also has better fuel milage and reduced emisions. And now with the 600ho with batteryless sdi its the best sysmtem out right now im my opinion, its just as good as efi and has a few more features.

If i was going to get an 04 sled it would either be an f6 snopro efi or a revX 600hosdi in black and yellow or blue and yellow, but i am leaning towards the rev, everyone that has one says they are really good in handling and bumps and thats what i need it for. Hopefully i can get some more seat time on one this winter to see, but the seating position for me is way better, standing up is much the same as the firecat but sitting down the rev is much better in my opinion, it makes my firecat seem like an old design when i sit on it.

But for sit down riding there is no comparison because the rev will not kick you up when you hit a bump like a traditional sled would, its easier on your back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
From a small amount of personal experience, and from friends who ride Revs, it seems as if a Rev will be much easier on your back because you don't have the rear skid kicking up and bumping you in the butt. On really hard hits, i think it's easier to transition to a standing position on the rev, as it naturally forces you into that position on ruff stuff, so because you spend more time on your feet i think the rev will be harder on the knees. from my experience riding a rev, my knees felt about like they would if i rode standup on my firecat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts