Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know this dealer? Good, Bad, Honest, etc. What's there place like, clean, organized, etc. Looking for opinions.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
Anybody know this dealer? Good, Bad, Honest, etc. What's there place like, clean, organized, etc. Looking for opinions.

Thanks,[/b]
My son-in- Law is from Big Bend, it's a very small community, said he never heard of them.

Don

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
I think this is the place that replaced Stenders in Big Bend. Don't know anything bad or good about them.[/b]
That couldn't have been Stenders, Paul had a small building, maybe could get 10 sleds on the showroom floor. I know Paul Stender VERY well.

Don

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I said I think. Paul sold out was it last year or the year befor. I used to work in Big Bend and visited Paul and his wife at his location and yes, you are correct on the floor space they had.

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
I said I think. Paul sold out was it last year or the year befor. I used to work in Big Bend and visited Paul and his wife at his location and yes, you are correct on the floor space they had.[/b]
Paul is not married.
I believe that new place is in the Industrial park.
I am originally from Muskego, worked for Paul part time.

Don

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been there but never bought anything, or had service there.

The place is big, and it is clean. But I think the prices are too high and there might be some under-handed people there, as they really wanted a title from my brother, they did not care what the bike looked like as long as there was a title.

Take that as you may, but to me it sounds a little suspect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I personally have not bought anything from them, but a good friend has bought several bikes from them and he says there good to deal with.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Road Track and Trail is a good dealership, my father bought his bike there and I also bought my first bike there with no problems at as as far as sales or service. There place is always kept clean including there shop area. i would highly recommend that place to anyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have stopped in there a couple of times - its clean and the people I have talked to have been fairly knowledgable and personable.

it is not at the old stenders site - there is a ski-doo dealership in there. RTT is on the north side of town (in fact I was surprised that where it is located is still considered big bend)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i have stopped in there a couple of times - its clean and the people I have talked to have been fairly knowledgable and personable.

it is not at the old stenders site - there is a ski-doo dealership in there. RTT is on the north side of town (in fact I was surprised that where it is located is still considered big bend)

Yep - Ski doo dealership in the old Stenders building (dealership = Riders Choice). New Ski Doo dealer put some dough in the building you would never know it's the same place. Paul never married Carrie as far as I ever knew?! Stenders went to pot when Paul started Racing the rocket toys.

Road Track and Trail - Huge volume dealer (might be the biggest in the midwest)! I can vouch for the owner and most of the employees in there (don't know a few), but they are stand up guys. With the volume that goes through the store I think they do a heck of a job trying to take care of the customer. The dealership deals in volume turn alot of toys over for smaller profit and get repeat customers as a result. I'm sure he gets lemons in there every now and then but I also know he does his best to be fair with the customer in those situations. From a bike stand point he gets most of his bikes from people on the streets looking to dump their rides and also a large # from harley dealerships that don't want to put jap bikes on their showroom floors. Most of his sleds come from an anual trip to Haydays where he scoops up as many bargains as he can find and then turns them at the dealership. I know he's unknowenly been taken buy people looking to unload roaches or something with major mechanical issues, but again - if they discover the issues they make them right before the customer gets the item or they disclose the issue to the customer and blow the item out of their shop.

Like any used purchase - look the toy over real good before you decide to part with the cash. There's alot of quality rides that go through that dealership at a good price!

Good luck with the purchase...

XCR5

·
Registered
198 Posts
They are legit, I Have bought a sled from them, and my dad has bought 2 bikes from them. I had a friend that worked there for 2 years also, and I helped Nick (The owner) move stuff around and do painting in the building they moved into.

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
Road Track and Trail - Huge volume dealer (might be the biggest in the midwest)! I can vouch for the owner and most of the employees in there (don't know a few), but they are stand up guys. With the volume that goes through the store I think they do a heck of a job trying to take care of the customer. The dealership deals in volume turn alot of toys over for smaller profit and get repeat customers as a result. I'm sure he gets lemons in there every now and then but I also know he does his best to be fair with the customer in those situations. From a bike stand point he gets most of his bikes from people on the streets looking to dump their rides and also a large # from harley dealerships that don't want to put jap bikes on their showroom floors. Most of his sleds come from an anual trip to Haydays where he scoops up as many bargains as he can find and then turns them at the dealership. I know he's unknowenly been taken buy people looking to unload roaches or something with major mechanical issues, but again - if they discover the issues they make them right before the customer gets the item or they disclose the issue to the customer and blow the item out of their shop.

Like any used purchase - look the toy over real good before you decide to part with the cash. There's alot of quality rides that go through that dealership at a good price!

Good luck with the purchase...

XCR5
[/quote]

Carries not with Paul anymore, a friend spoke to her a few days ago.
Paul never had any rocket vehicles, strickly jets.

Don

·
Registered
523 Posts
A friend of mine bought a 1985 Gold Wing limited there last Spring. The Air Compressor was shot. These are hard to find (thanks ebay)! I wouldn't say he's disappointed. It was an old bike and things to to heck. He seems satisfied, but is going to sell that one and move to an 1800 next Summer.
Just look them over real well and ask to call the former owner. That goes for any dealership or used toy.
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
36,447 Posts
Rocket/jet --- Tomato/Tomoto --- Same thing to me, both out of my league!

Come on cold/snow...[/b]
Big difference, know anyone who has any "rocket" vehicles? Jets are controlled burns, rockets run till out of fuel. There have been a few rocket cars at Bonneville.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
seems to me that the sled prices are overboard....

·
Registered
527 Posts
Last I knew Paul Stender moved to Indianapolis. their mortgage was foreclosed on and their was to be a Sheriff's auction. a couple days before the auction it was cancelled. They were able to get all their stuff out of there.
I know they have been running a business on Ebay recently.

Paul has a website, www.speedforhire.com

1 - 20 of 23 Posts