Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

my girlfriend and I recently bought our first sleds! I am still learning about those incredible machines. Unfortunately, during a ride I realized the rear shock’s shaft was bent on my girlfriend’s sled. I have been trying to find a replacement but have no clue what to look for. The polaris dealer doesn’t have the part either. From what I found online, it should be 7043047 (rear shock oem). But it seems the one on her sled is a walker evans. I cannot find what rear shocks would fit on her sled. Any help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
It looks like the rod below the shock is bent as well, and the track teeth look chipped too. I’d check eBay out or a snowmobile salvage for a good used shock and see if there’s a rebuilder near you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the rod below the shock is bent as well, and the track teeth look chipped too. I’d check eBay out or a snowmobile salvage for a good used shock and see if there’s a rebuilder near you.
Thanks for your answer! I guess i will be looking for a rear shock arm too then! Unfortunately for the shock I think I’ll have to go with something new because we don’t have much services around.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Look for parts from a switchback assault 2011-2016. Im very sure they are the same skid. And the shock would be standard issue on the rear of the assault. Piles of those sleds around. Worst case on the shock measure the extended length and shop like that for one.

The "link:" at the bottom of the shock can get flipped around on those if I remember right, and or put together like that and nothing will work properly and most likely bend what is bent. Just be aware, and when you get parts make sure the suspension cycles normally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look for parts from a switchback assault 2011-2016. Im very sure they are the same skid. And the shock would be standard issue on the rear of the assault. Piles of those sleds around. Worst case on the shock measure the extended length and shop like that for one.

The "link:" at the bottom of the shock can get flipped around on those if I remember right, and or put together like that and nothing will work properly and most likely bend what is bent. Just be aware, and when you get parts make sure the suspension cycles normally.
I am not sure to understand what you mean by the link can get flipped around...
I’m having trouble finding the right parts for her sled as they are not available where I live! But i will be sure to change that bent rod and for the shock I guess we will try to find the OEM part. I’m guessing if I want an aftermarket shock I need to remove the old one to measure it? And have to find the same dimensions exactly or can the length vary?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Its the pivot link down at the bottom of the RTS. Atleast I have had the issue on older INDY sleds. Its a big long shot but possible. I wouldnt even worry as long as things move normally.

The shock should be the right length but as long as the rear torque arm bottoms on the bump stop on the rail before the shock bottoms and tops out on the stopper on the torque arm before the shock tops out you should be good. The shock will break if it has to control bottoming and topping out.

Where in canada do you live? There must be a source that you can get stuff mailed to you.

It looks like that rear shock fits most if not all 144 suspensions all the way back to 2005 IQ chassis. Stands to reason that most the parts of that skid would interchange all the way back to then too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts