Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to mount 6" Power Madd risers on my 2003 Renegade. I noticed that there is a tab welded on the steering post that prevents the risers from being mounted vertically. I assume this tab is to stop the handlebars and risers from going forward to much if to much pressure was applied. If I mount the risers now they will come back and up at about a 30 degree angle. I want them vertical or close to it. Should I grind off the stop tab or notch the aluminum on the riser to compensate for the tab? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by fgsacts@Oct 14 2005, 07:24 PM
I am going to mount 6" Power Madd risers on my 2003 Renegade.  I noticed that there is a tab welded on the steering post that prevents the risers from being mounted vertically.  I assume this tab is to stop the handlebars and risers from going forward to much if to much pressure was applied.  If I mount the risers now they will come back and up at about a 30 degree angle.  I want them vertical or close to it. Should I grind off the stop tab or notch the aluminum on the riser to compensate for the tab?  Has anyone else had to deal with this?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930411
[/quote]
i did on my viper. i ground it off and everything works fine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was able to just bend it up with some vise grips and the risers fit fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This post is probably too late for you but the best riser i have found is from "ready to ride"...readytorideltd.com.......8" riser that allows the bars to rise and fall in the riser block....fully adjustable up, down,forward and back....check it out.....got one for my 2002 renegade 700.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts