Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the talest riser you can get away with on an 05 F7 without having to extend the cables?
Thanks
Seeya at Haydays!

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Good question! I've heard you are safe adding another 2" to existing riser but not sure about over 2". :dunno:

Someone please give us the correct answer.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i just put a 6 inch riser (1.66 inches higher than stock) but the brake cable was Veery close to not reaching, i had to do a lot of little things to get ti to rreach so the handlebars would turn. but it works. the throttle cable is plenty long and the handwarmer controls are good. just the brake line.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
i put a 6.44" riser on my 05 F6..... which gives u a 2 inch lift..... the throttle cable is fine.... but the break cable is very tight.... i had to move the break handle assemble in towards the center of the bars and i still have to have the bars standing up pretty straight..... people on here said to buy the break cable for the M's and there will be plenty of slack

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Last year I put on the Grip & Rip ISO Vibe, in the high position it gives
a 2 1/4" rise. In doing so, very little if any slack was left. Any higher I
would have DEFINATELY had to chage cables.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also put in the 6.44" riser and it fit but was kinda tight. I bought the M-brake line and all is good. It wasn't that expensive either.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Originally posted by driveumhard@Sep 9 2005, 06:49 AM
Good question! I've heard you are safe adding another 2" to existing riser but not sure about over 2".  :dunno:

Someone please give us the correct answer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866983
[/quote]

there is just one thing that you guys goota remember... on the 03 and 04's.. you culd put on a little higher riser without having problems... on the 05's they changed the break assembly due to the diamond drive... so the break itself is a little bit lower in the chassey which requires more line...

Originally posted by WIfarmer@Sep 9 2005, 09:46 AM
I also put in the 6.44" riser and it fit but was kinda tight.  I bought the M-brake line and all is good.  It wasn't that expensive either.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867217
[/quote]

where did you buy your M break line? and about how much did you get it for?

·
Registered
345 Posts
You don't even really need to buy the M series brake line. I put an 8inch riser on my 04 with no problem you could probably get an 04 brake line cheaper than the longer M series.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Duh, never mind that post I should have read the one before mine first. I forgot they moved the brake lower the 04 cable would probably be extremely short. :moose_nuggets:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I picked up a longer brake line at my local Cat dealer for about $34. I think its a must for any riser extension on the 05 and 06's for that matter. You guys out there screwing around just to get the stock brakeline to fit are only playing with fire. Think about it boys, your playing with the snowmobile brake system. You know, the thing that stops your sled before you hit something.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Originally posted by snowman-F7@Sep 9 2005, 08:08 PM
I picked up a longer brake line at my local Cat dealer for about $34.  I think its a must for any riser extension on the 05 and 06's for that matter.  You guys out there screwing around just to get the stock brakeline to fit are only playing with fire.  Think about it boys, your playing with the snowmobile brake system.  You know, the thing that stops your sled before you hit something.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867985
[/quote]

yea i planned on getting the longer cable.. i just moved my brake handle assemby closer inwards to atleast be able to get the riser on ... now i just need to order the cable from my dealer and the set everythign up the way i want it

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Originally posted by 2000 ZR@Sep 9 2005, 08:09 AM
i just put a 6 inch riser (1.66 inches higher than stock) but the brake cable was Veery close to not reaching, i had to do a lot of little things to get ti to rreach so the handlebars would turn. but it works. the throttle cable is plenty long and the handwarmer controls are good. just the brake line.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867008
[/quote]

nice math you got going there...

4.44+1.66 does not equal 6 inches fyi....

dang these maine schools are teaching kids good :doh:

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
heh heh, 2000 what part of maine are you from? Fast you are close to me Georgetown and Harpswell aren't very far apart. I just got a Crossfire we should go riding. Let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts