Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife told me about the ring around the moon and I figured it was the same as usual with a change in the weather, but when I went & looked out WOW!

Anyone else see it?

Hopefully it will bring snow.

Located in SE Michigan.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Our local Detroit tv weather geek calls it a "moon dog". Ice crystal clouds between us and the moon. Bright sunlight reflected off the moon creates (my words here) a "halo effect". I have always heard it signified a change in the weather in the next 24-36 hours, but based on our weather report, that wont be happening. He also mentioned "next tuesday" for the first signs of snow, unknown of any significance, but the temps are coming down.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Our local Detroit tv weather geek calls it a "moon dog". Ice crystal clouds between us and the moon. Bright sunlight reflected off the moon creates (my words here) a "halo effect". I have always heard it signified a change in the weather in the next 24-36 hours, but based on our weather report, that wont be happening. He also mentioned "next tuesday" for the first signs of snow, unknown of any significance, but the temps are coming down.[/b]
I'm glad you just posted this because I just looked outside and the moon looks just as normal as ever...I was going to suggest that someone pass that shit over this way because it must be good :share_doobie: :smilielol: :smilielol:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I was taking the trash out between 1st and 2nd period of the wings game, had taken stuff out of the back of my truck, reached up to grab the cap lid to close it, the moon was straight up above me and there was the ring around it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I was taking the trash out between 1st and 2nd period of the wings game, had taken stuff out of the back of my truck, reached up to grab the cap lid to close it, the moon was straight up above me and there was the ring around it.[/b]
I seem to remember seeing something like this a couple or years ago myself now that I think about it...

·
Registered
344 Posts
can i get some of that shit :share_doobie: i don't see a white ring around the moon. i guess my moon is broke. :dunno:

:burp: :beer: :linemup: :celebrating:

THINK SNOW

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yup....me, my girlfriend, and my girlfriends parents saw it last night too....thought it was pretty cool, didn't know what caused it though.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I did't see it but I would bet on the ice cristal thing. Like the beam of light that goes straight up off head lights when its real cold. Anyone else notice this?

D

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
That was Jayne Smith's drawers hanging up there,she was doing the "face in the moon" :smilielol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts